Wednesday, October 9, 2013

Staying Grateful. Trying. Staying. 100 Grats

So much to be grateful for:

1.    Not sick anymore
2.    Breathing
3.    Hot tea
4.    Warm soup
5.    Hope
6.    Soft hands
7.    Good meeting with mother yesterday
8.    That I sleep.
9.    That I have a job
10.                  A salary
11.                  A car
12.                  Gas in the car
13.                  I can see
14.                  Hear
15.                  Speak
16.                  Swallow
17.                  Walk
18.                  Thick hair
19.                  Made up with M
20.                  A not bothering me inappropriately
21.                  Beginning to understand fb
22.                  Honesty. Mine
23.                  Honesty. Everyone’s
24.                  God
25.                  Thich Nhat Hanh
26.                  Buddha
27.                  My noble heart that cares so much about helping
28.                  The actions I take that follow it
29.                  Typing
30.                  Reading
31.                  Sunrise
32.                  Outdoor recess in nice weather
33.                  Yesterday’s beautiful weather
34.                  Being able and allowed to do “the breathing game” (2 minutes meditation) with the students
35.                  Some of them loving it
36.                  I believe it is helping them
37.                  My teaching of writing has improved so much
38.                  I can lose weight
39.                  Prayer
40.                  Reiki
41.                  Crystals
42.                  Fb inspirational posts
43.                  Positive ppole
44.                  My tea date with St last Sunday
45.                  Maybe J dinner this coming Monday
46.                  Maybe W drink (although maybe shouldn’t – we’ll see) this coming Sat night
47.                  3 days off. Will clean!
48.                  My doctor’s help
49.                  YOU
50.                  The book group. Helps me feel a little less alone
51.                  Too many meetings – like yesterday, one before teaching, one during my prep, 2 at lunch. But – helps me feel less lonely too
52.                  People noticing I look nicer lately
53.                  Vegetables
54.                  Indian food
55.                  Michael Pollan. I did not read his book, “In Defense of Food.” But I love the quote, “Eat food. Not too much. Mostly plants.”
56.                  The parents who truly DO appreciate what we do.
57.                  Baths
58.                  Showers
59.                  Drinking water
60.                  Coffee
61.                  Tea
62.                  Massages. I’ve had many in my life
63.                  The years of unconditional love I did have
64.                  Laughter yesterday during 10 minute break.
65.                  Je (lovely woman at work)
66.                  Not giving up. This past summer was the hardest I’ve ever known. And a number of times recently I’ve felt like life not worth living. But did NOT give up. And glad didn’t.
67.                  MA
68.                  Considering the South Korea trip through work. I’m not going to do, and I’m glad for that decision, but I’m also glad that I did consider it.
69.                  The honeymoon I had with J. It was one of the best honeymoon’s anyone has ever had, I’m sure
70.                  Lights
71.                  Electricity
72.                  Fans at school (no a/c!)
73.                  Summer and Jewel
74.                  Fresh greens for them
75.                  And pellets for them
76.                  And seeds for them
77.                  Maybe someday they’ll like fruit…
78.                  Their health
79.                  That they have each other. That I did that on purpose. They ALREADY had loved each other! : )
80.                  Humor
81.                  Meditation
82.                  Mindfulness
83.                  People who are helping the desperately bad situations in the world
84.                  I am not homeless
85.                  I am not in terrible debt
86.                  I have started to save a little
87.                  My hands
88.                  Soon I will have no more mortgage. Need that for savings too….
89.                  I WILL have a relationship one day. I WILL. Sometimes I really belive that
90.                  Affirmations
91.                  My spirituality
92.                  Next week I start my exercise program. I am excited to
93.                  Doing the grats today
94.                  A little makeup
95.                  Shoes for this season. Comfortable ones
96.                  That I did the laundry Sunday
97.                  My Sobakowa pillow
98.                  Earrings.
99.                  Piano in my classroom
100.              Math games for the kiddies
And - I felt less bad after just doing these. That's something.

No comments:

Post a Comment