Friday, October 18, 2013

My 100 Gratitudes Today


See number 40!!!!!
I am grateful:

1.    The singing with the children yesterday
2.    The new newsletter. It was going badly and now is going better.
3.    Thursday now – I am so grateful to have NO sore throat now, day after day: )
4.    And to wake up feeling rested. Finally!
5.    I awaken after midnight now, with a thought, a nice thought, about loving myself and taking care of myself. It is such a nice feeling.
6.    Not having any debilitating illness right now
7.    Going to course tomorrow, instead of teaching. A change
8.    Getting along with my colleagues. Not everyone finds it so easy to get along with them, especially one of them.
9.    Chatting IM with A right now
10.                  Not falling for that internet scammer last week!
11.                  Singing with my kiddies (students)
12.                  Oh boy, Friday now. Did grats and school and couldn’t post and now here I am. Grateful for sleep last night
13.                  And dreams
14.                  And – waking up
15.                  And these thoughts – feelings – I am getting now after midnight when awaken once, and am when awaken “for real 0 thoughts of loving self and anting to care for self. SO cool
16.                  Going to professional development today. Good. And a day off from teaching.
17.                  Am LOVING the book, “Light across the Ocean.” Took almost 50 pages to get into it, but *loving * it now. Caught in that quandary of: don’t want to put it down but don’t want to finish it either, a good quandary to be in!
18.                  Summer and Jewel coming out a little again. Summer hides though. And stays out for SO long (like 12 HOURS once!) that I eventually HAVE TO pick him up and put him backin, and he hates that
19.                  Am home now
20.                  Great ride into city
21.                  Parking easy
22.                  District pays for the parking
23.                  Nice walk
24.                  Beautiful weather
25.                  Great class.  Presenter was very good
26.                  I have things I can start using MONDAY. And use for as long as I teach 2nd or 3rd grade!
27.                  Even had good seat.
28.                  Texted with L a little
29.                  And IMed with A a ton
30.                  While taking notes and paying attention
31.                  Comfortable temp in the place even (isn’t always)
32.                  Nice walk to lunch
33.                  GREAT lunch. Ethiopian. Collards, spinach, chick peas. Oh yum!
34.                  Eggplant for dinner. Good (Italian not Ethiopian)
35.                  A little wine even
36.                  Nice walk back
37.                  Home early too
38.                  I LOVE when I get to go there alone (other two times this school year, I will be with 2 colleageues. I’m not complaining about that – just especially happy about THIS time
39.                  Felt – GOOD. FELT – when have health DO have everything! If for example, knew would be HEALTHY til 35 then die, wouldn’t be so depressed about being alone.
40.                  It is as though I had a VEIL – a FOG over EVERYTHING for YEARS. And it is GONE lately. This is AMAZING!
41.                  I am grateful for vegetables
42.                  And exercise
43.                  And my body
44.                  And hope
45.                  Sometimes I like watching Dr. Phil
46.                  Weekend now
47.                  Enough money to buy some things for class. Phew. Helps kids. AND helps me too: )
48.                  Kandinsky
49.                  That I just bought a 500 piece Kandinsky jigsaw puzzle
50.                  That I have Oriental Trading Company things for the kiddies
51.                  Dr Oz
52.                  Two prints I’ve still yet to hang, both Kandinsky, both from London. And I will hang them this winter
53.                  And will get tv for d.r./l.r. area and do puzzles and other things out there. Yes, would rather not have tv need, but as long as have it, at least won’t be holed up in the den : )
54.                  Red chai tea
55.                  Water for drinking
56.                  That I can see
57.                  To have to lose weight is, yes, very serious and very hard. BUT – I am so lucky not to be starving to death.
58.                  Never been in a war
59.                  Felt so good when gave up wheat for about 8 months.
60.                  Maybe will again
61.                  That I CAN walk
62.                  And talk
63.                  And hear
64.                  And eat
65.                  And swallow
66.                  And drink
67.                  Laptop
68.                  Phone
69.                  Cell phone
70.                  Voice mail machine thing
71.                  My skin
72.                  My hair
73.                  no cancer
74.                  eyedrops
75.                  my hair
76.                  a fridge
77.                  in fact, my particular fridge. Had some difficulty getting to having it. So am particularly grateful to have it
78.                  no more menopause symptoms (hysterectomy + low dose patch for some time + age)
79.                  job
80.                  car
81.                  that I did put gas in the car today
82.                  that I as not NERVOUS driving there like first times!
83.                  That every time I step outside of my comfort zone, my comfort zone really does expand
84.                  The day I first heard that. At that day at the library special thing. Indian people from the community…
85.                  Songs
86.                  Pieces
87.                  Poems
88.                  Word games
89.                  Jigsaw puzzles
90.                  MA
91.                  Talked with her on phone today
92.                  M
93.                  Emailed with her today
94.                  Shampoo
95.                  Sopa
96.                  Deodorant
97.                  The idea of using lime for deodorant
98.                  Fb
99.                  Inspirational posts on fb
100.              Friendly ones too
101.              And funny ones too

No comments:

Post a Comment