Thursday, October 24, 2013

My 100 Gratitudes Today



1.    Things like this. I’m very interested in chakras. And in chakra healing, ever since I could not speak.

2.    I just played Chopin.
3.    SO beautifully.
4.    AT 5:20 am no less
5.    I feel – good. Oh thank you, God.
6.    I have met someone nice. Online. I don’t know if we will have a nice relationship, or even ever meet. But the fact that I could feel good about that is so encouraging to me!
7.    And even MORE importantly, to feel good about things that are NOT that: )
8.    Like my birds. Yes, I feel very good about those boys.
9.    And the things I learned Friday and literally started doing yesterday, in class. I believe in them  very much. Was already doing – but did not realize how MUCH growth can occur in the children if done CONSISTENTLY day after day week after week (these are “extras, “ so mostly I have always done them more sporadically).
10.                  And the cooking I did Sunday. I know, it is no big deal for most people. They do this every night. But I have been where I have been. Have been through what I’ve been through. Have been who I am. And it is a big deal that I’m eating home cooked food now. And only have to COOK every 5 – 6 days in order to do so
11.                  The extra walking I did yesterday.
12.                  The great book I just finished. (Light between the Oceans).
13.                  The book course today. I’m glad I’m in it.
14.                  Taking out all that garbage at 5 this morning.
15.                  The warm weather.
16.                  Still, as started some time last week, feeling – ok – just walking throuth the house…
17.                  The Thich Nhat Hanh people – Sister Chan Khong – what a woman – what a background – what work she has done/does
18.                  And her singing, “When I wake in the morning, I am happy, when I go to the kitchen, I am happy, When I go to the toilet, I am happy, Because I’ve learned to breathe deeply.” Etc. 
19.                  *I * am feeling that way more now.
20.                  Just from even this LITTLE BIT of meditation each morning!
21.                  So yes, all these things are mine. NOT dependent on J or any other guy. Thank God for these things.
22.                  Tonight there is a phone call Rosary taking place for 10 minutes. I MIGHT join in.
23.                  I was great at before school meeting yesterday
24.                  And at prep meeting too
25.                  It is Thurs. I’m glad I did the right thing by my mother yesterday
26.                  I am grateful that I have been doing the fun learning things with the kids
27.                  Less time on computer
28.                  I’m grieving the loss of what I thought was a very promising online dating guy. That may sound extreme but I never felt so excited about someone online til him. And email 3 is starting to sound foreign. I have had two that turned out to be boilerplates; apparently this one is too. Why am I grateful then? Because I saw it and stopped.
29.                  And because I would never send any money.
30.                  I’m grateful that dr came yesterday
31.                  And for the (organic) salads I’ve been having for lunch
32.                  And the greens for my birdies
33.                  And my breath. It’s especially good. I wonder if it is due to the (my first ever) flu shot?
34.                  I have made a decision.  I will NOT do the mealworms part of our science unit. Because at the end we are to euthanize them. I will not do it. So I have requested the help of the science helping teacher in finding another life cycle to do. I now know what was bothering me so much about this, and am grateful for that
35.                  And grateful that will not do
36.                  And grateful that WILL find something else
37.                  Grateful that ML called last night to tell me of MA’s hospitalization!
38.                  And that I will call MA today.
39.                  That I ate chili I made last night
40.                  This morning’s coffee
41.                  My feet
42.                  My legs. So I can walk
43.                  Hot tea. Um.
44.                  My sleep
45.                  My dreams
46.                  I AM an understanding person: )
47.                  Grateful for my father’s example
48.                  And my mother’s
49.                  Timothy Razinski, and his teaching of teachers
50.                  Humor
51.                  Coloring.
52.                  That my kids love it
53.                  And that they love tracing
54.                  And that I am able to provide it for them
55.                  This ____
56.                  My eyesight
57.                  My heart
58.                  My blood. Really
59.                  “My” birds singing today
60.                  that they are healthy
61.                  That they seem happy too, I think
62.                  This ____
. I love nature. So beautiful
63.                  That I can speak
64.                  Walking
65.                  Woods
66.                  That J and I aren’t horrible to each other
67.                  That he still helps my mother. So much.
68.                  Fb posts about gratitude
69.                  That I AM thankful
70.                  Even though I don’t really like him, things I’ve learned from Dr. Phil. Like about the online dating scams! I might not have recognized!
71.                  Helping my not-nice students become nicer
72.                  Face to face time I’m trying to give…
73.                  New books for the classroom
74.                  This­­­­­
75.                  I am grateful for heat
76.                  And a home
77.                  And a car
78.                  And a job
79.                  And the ability to do it
80.                  Well
81.                  And to write
82.                  And read
83.                  And that I don’t eat animals
84.                  Or sugary desserts anymore either
85.                  Typing
86.                  Access to nutrition
87.                  And to water
88.                  And to medicines
89.                  Ability to think
90.                  And think for self. Both
91.                  Kisses
92.                  Freedom of speech
93.                  And of religion
94.                  And to select own occupation
95.                  Saving a bit
96.                  Wood floors
97.                  Oak tree
98.                  People who clean up some outside (I pay)
99.                  And shovel my snow. Phew
100.              Laughter with friends
101.              Good moviews
102.              Good books
103.              Mirrors
104.              showers


No comments:

Post a Comment