Friday, October 25, 2013

My 100 Gratitudes Today


# 50! Omg!

so much stress at work. I’ve never seen anything like it. And I started teaching in 1979!  People afraid they’re gonna have a heart attack… it is so out of control. MUST remember what grateful for!

1.    I have never had a stroke
2.    I have access to health care
3.    To medicine
4.    To vitamins
5.    To good foods
6.    To water
7.    To showers
8.    And baths
9.    And a toilet
10.                  And sinks
11.                  To air
12.                  And heat
13.                  And windows
14.                  To a table
15.                  And sofas
16.                  And a bed
17.                  To sheets
18.                  And a washing machine
19.                  And a dryer
20.                  And a place to hang laundry to dry too
21.                  To soap
22.                  And deodorant
23.                  And detergent
24.                  And even softener
25.                  I can breathe on my own
26.                  I can see
27.                  I can speak
28.                  I can walk
29.                  I can drive
30.                  I have a car
31.                  And can afford to put enough gas in it to go the places I need to go
32.                  And even the places I want to go
33.                  I can save a few dollars
34.                  M loves me
35.                  MA loves me
36.                  MA is out of the hospital
37.                  My mother loves me
38.                  My dr cares about me
39.                  J cares about my welfare
40.                  L likes me
41.                  ML loves me
42.                  Most of my class is excited about the things we do
43.                  I am artistic
44.                  I am smart
45.                  “So much has been given to me, I have no time to ponder over that which has been denied.” Helen Keller
46.                  Helen Keller all together.
47.                  Books for my kids
48.                  That I did NOT after all spend my own money buying books we don’t really need, yesterday!
49.                  That I have been finding that my actions DO have an effect. Like when I eat well I DO lose weight. Sure, that can seem, and is, pathetic. I mean hello, when you ate badly and gained, didn’t THAT show you? But no. When raised with a deep intrinsic belief that you have NO effect on your environment, it takes a LOT to counteract this!
50.                  I’m just so happy that I’m – OK. I was down last night. Hardest work day I’ve had, maybe ever!  And there is a LOT “wrong” in my life. Yet, AS OPPOSED TO EVER BEFORE, I am – ok. Yaaaaay!
51.                  This______

52.                  That I DON’T care like I used to about what everyone thinks of me
53.                  Garlic hummus organic mmm
54.                  I can read
55.                  I can type
56.                  I can write
57.                  Affirmations
58.                  My hair
59.                  Eyelashes. Yes, really. They protect.
60.                  My surgery that fixed my breathing problems
61.                  That I managed to call MA yesterday am at hospital
62.                  Laughter
63.                  Every minute of lightheartedness
64.                  The breathing game
65.                  All meditation
66.                  Walking meditation too
67.                  Stickers for the kiddies
68.                  Coloring for them
69.                  Tracing for them
70.                  The little play we’re doing today
71.                  The song we did the other day
72.                  That I had the gumption to go after this job when I did the way I did
73.                  That I have refused to do the mealworms life cycle. I will not raise creatures to euthanize them.
74.                  That we will figure out something else for my kids to do so they don’t miss out (but don’t have to kill)
75.                  That I don’t even wear silk, for the same reason. The breeding and raising of an entire species for the purpose of exploiting them and killing them for a product we don’t need….
76.                  That I DO understand other people’s viewpoints on this too – that they wouldn’t have had any life…
77.                  My Buddhism
78.                  Thich Naht Hanh
79.                  Learning of the Law of Attraction (I must be more aware of it too!). But I’m so happy to have learned of it and be learning of it, as I believe it is in place either way!
80.                  Good morning chats with A. Virtually every single day. Like missed one in like 10 months
81.                  Patience whenever I do have it
82.                  That I don’t have to teach kindergarten. That takes a different kind of patience than I have.
83.                  Phones
84.                  Dinners with friends
85.                  Maybe will learn something from today’s meeting
86.                  Jacket for now
87.                  Coat soon
88.                  Have some boots
89.                  And some socks
90.                  Will buy (or find) earmuffs or hat too
91.                  And gloves too
92.                  Might see J this weekend
93.                  Weather reports. They are not negative like the news, and keep me company, and help me prepare for the day
94.                  That I don’t wear spanx. Maybe I “should” but I have not intention of being uncomfortable in that way
95.                  Comfortable shoes
96.                  Skirts. Glad I’m wearing them again
97.                  My kidneys. Really.
98.                  That I sleep
99.                  People who work to make things better
100.              grass

No comments:

Post a Comment