Friday, March 1, 2013

Journal - Helen Keller Quotes - because i need the inspiration.

Helen Keller Quotes


"Your success and happiness lies in you. Resolve to keep happy, and your joy and you shall form an invincible host against difficulties."


"Security is mostly a superstition. It does not exist in nature, nor do the children of men as a whole experience it. Avoiding danger is no safer in the long run than outright exposure. Life is either a daring adventure, or nothing."


I am only one, but still I am one. I cannot do everything, but still I can do something; and because I cannot do everything, I will not refuse to do something that I can do.


Instead of comparing our lot with that of those who are more fortunate than we are, we should compare it with the lot of the great majority of our fellow men. It then appears that we are among the privileged.


"When we do the best that we can, we never know what miracle is wrought in our life, or in the life of another."
God, I hope this is true!

"The marvelous richness of human experience would lose something of rewarding joy if there were no limitations to overcome. The hilltop hour would not be half so wonderful if there were no dark valleys to traverse."

Gosh, I hope this will be true too!

"To me a lush carpet of pine needles or spongy grass is more welcome than the most luxurious Persian rug."
Me too!

"What I am looking for is not out there, it is in me."

"My lie is so rich in two things, friends and books."

"Life is made up of days."

About the deaf: "They are surrounded by silence - never to be broken by a word or a song or the sigh of a breeze."

About the blind: "They stare into the dark. And nothing but the dark stares back."

"I who am blind can only give one hint to you who can see. Use your eyesas if tomorrow you would go blind. Do the same with all your other senses. Hear teh song of a bird as if tomorrow you would go deaf. Touch everything as if tomorrow you would never be able to touch anything again. Smell the flowers, taste every bit of food azs if tomorrow you would never smell or taste again."

To the terribly injured soldiers who'd lost sight, limbs, hearing,... in WWII:
"Of course you will have bitter moments. I do too. Of course there will be days when you will feel restless and lonely and cheated. All I can tell you is, live as much like other people as you can. Keep your life full of books and work and friends. I do - and look how well it has worked for me."

"Life is an adventure, or it is nothing."

"I cannot see or hear but I find hundreds of things to interest me. If I'm lucky, I can put my hand on a small tree and feel it quiver as a bird sings in the branches."

"The best and most beautiful things in the world can not be seen or even touched. They must be felt with the heart."

No comments:

Post a Comment