Tuesday, March 19, 2013

My 100 Gratitudes Today

I am grateful:

1. Heard the traffic report this am. As the parkway I would have taken had a one hour delay! So this way I didn’t take it: )
2. Got here safely. Roads were fine despite the snow
3. Felt that icy patch before would have fallen.
4. That the snow remover people finally came on time this time (today).
5. And remembered to do my car. Phew. I think they’ve finally got it
6. That there was a 2-hour delay.
7. And besides getting me here safely, that assured me time to clean the budgies’ flight cage.
8. And give them greens
9. And they ate some of their greens yesterday: ) (Although they eat their apple the day before…) But apparently like the rest of us, veggies and fruits are good for budgies – except avocado which is poison for them! And of course tiny pieces of the other things, grated…
10. That *I * have been eating veggies
11. And even chickpeas too, which I normally didn’t love but they are so good for me…
12. And staying on weight watchers
13. That I have pens
14. That I am practicing piano
15. And planning – gulp – to play in the next concert.
16. Flowers
17. Tomorrow is spring. Warmer weather WILL come…
18. That my car works.
19. Grasses
20. 2 meetings today yuck but should still have 35 mins. For practice at lunchtime…
21. That I did dishes and pots this morning
22. Summer
23. Jewel
24. That they are eating the little greens I give them
25. That Jewel is fine. Because yesterday I was a little concerned about the way he was moving his mouth.
26. Fb
27. Blog
28. YOU
29. These particular students
30. O and I wrote to each other about the recital today
31. That I did order that detox thing. Because my fatigue was gone Sun and Mon. And is back today. And I did the treatment on Sat…
32. That I said no to the concert ticket for tonight. I would have been FAR too tired tomorrow!
33. Email
34. Sitcoms
35. Bed. Yes. I am grateful that I have a bed.
36. And sofa
37. And phone
38. And water when I turn the tap. This is a true treasure
39. Birdsong. I have always been grateful for birdsong
40. Birds. I have always loved birds
41. Trees. I have always loved trees.
42. Water for swimming and looking at. I have always loved water.
43. That I feel like a mermaid when I “swim.”
44. Buddha
45. Thich Nhat Hanh
46. God
47. Prayer
48. Slowing down
49. Meditating for a couple of minutes today with my students
50. Bok choy
51. Broccoli rabe
52. Cabbage salad
53. Chickpeas with bulgur and cilantro and lemon or something
54. Fresh parsley
55. Collards
56. Potatoes
57. Onions
58. Black pep
59. And that when I put it all together, I get Portuegese potato soup
60. That I hear my birdies
61. That I do sleep at night
62. Meeting went well today
63. That I did go and talk to principal about grade level
64. “The Secret”
65. that I have eaten at Le Crique.
66. More than once
67. The fabulous Italian food I actually had in London. Best I ever had! Ha : )
68. Joyous music
69. That I didn’t pay for a car to go into the city today.
70. 20th century classical music. I never really knew of it before.
71. And 20th century art.
72. My wood floors
73. Contemporary design
74. Bathing suits
75. This laptop. I just love it. Have loved it since got it last summer.
76. My job.
77. Very very grateful THAT I am happy for my job
78. That I like giving to children.
79. That I am not burnt out, but revitalized.
80. That I am finally saving a bit.
81. Humor
82. Laughter
83. Smiles. Smiles smiles smiles
84. I am about to practice piano again
85. The names I picked for the birds: Summer and Jewel
86. Jewel tones
87. My new rose quartz bracelet. Rose quartz being about self-love. And wearing it around my wrist is good for me I think.
88. I am off next week.
89. About to practice piano
90. And do more dishes
91. Islands
92. That I have been to Barbados. With J.
93. And that it was paradise. We were so lucky.
94. And that I have been to Bermuda. With my parents.
95. And that we had a lot of nice times then, too.
96. I scraped my car today: ( But I didn’t get hurt.
97. And no one else did either.
98. Cold water from fridge.
99. That this weekend I will buy pellets to add to the birds’ food
100. And a new toy too. And that is luxury.

No comments:

Post a Comment