Friday, March 1, 2013

My 100 Gratitudes Today

I have no time for this, but need to d. I don’t care how basic or how many repeats. MUST do grats!
So
I am grateful:


1. That I got the garbage down this morning. Finally. 9 bags. Omg so embarrassing.
2. That I had to do some rep. cards, which made me up earlty enough (3:50!) to do it. Because certainly didn’t think of it last night, when fell asleep at like 5:30! For real! For the night!
3. Protein.
4. Getting along well right now with L
5. And A
6. And M
7. And O
8. And MA
9. And will probably see St soon
10. Ability to speak
11. And see
12. And hear. Have been reading Helen Keller
13. That my kids are so interesting in her!
14. And in Annie Sullivan!
15. That 2 girls from upper grade came back and asked for me to lend them books on, in fact!
16. Ability to walk
17. And drive
18. Arms
19. Ability to hug tree
20. Ability to meditate
21. And to act
22. Showing kids math games on line (that are allowed)
23. That every one of them at least read, some
24. That I met the rep. card deadline. Almost felt that wouldn’t
25. Food in house
26. Fruit
27. Veggies
28. Whole grains
29. Coffee
30. Coffee this am
31. Teas – lots
32. Greens powder
33. Nuts
34. Seeds, chia and flax
35. Salads
36. Water. Good water. This is tremendous
37. Eating dinner with family at table every night growing up. And taking that for granted. It just WAS.
38. The years before my mother was sick
39. My father when he was alive
40. And the influence he still has on me
41. A fun meeting yesterday (THAT’S surprising!:)
42. Fb
43. Comp
44. Laptop
45. iPhone
46. iPad
47. iPod
48. regular landline phone
49. piano in classroom!
50. Ability to practice her at lunch and/or preps many days – which lately, has been keeping some semblance of sanity for me
51. THAT I DON’T FEEL AS BAD AS I HAVE THESE DAYS RECENTLY!orgasms
52. Looking for 2 acts of kindness today
53. M’s love
54. The card I got this morning from M.
55. Sweaters
56. Car
57. Classroom
58. Sunlight coming in (TOO bright, but better than none)
59. STILL being willing to learn from other teachers
60. The new math thing
61. Graph art
62. Art
63. Painting
64. Pictures
65. Tv. Really. Wish weren’t so, but I AM grateful for tv
66. My principal
67. Trees!!
68. London last spring. Oh God, I am SO GRATEFUL that I took that trip!
69. Either will see L this weekend or be alone. Both have an advantage, I guess.
70. Every time I eat well
71. Washing machine in my little house
72. Dryer too
73. And microwave
74. And dishwasher so grateful for that
75. When I’m not alone
76. Dr. this Wed. Although I can’t even fucking remember what he said – so overwhelmed!!
77. Email
78. msn.com
79. school email
80. SmartBoard
81. That I will practice piano at lunchtime here in my room
82. Vegan egg salad and not unhealthy from my health food store
83. Triscuits – for only sometimes!
84. Prep coming this afternoon. There are workers who get no breaks
85. I am not a slave
86. Or a prisoner of war
87. I do not have cancer
88. Or tuberculosis
89. Or kidney disease
90. Or lung disease
91. I have eye drops
92. I have doctors
93. I have only forgotten to take my eye drops – NEVER SHOULD FORGET – maybe 3 times in 18 years. So that should be okay.
94. Cameras (including on cell phone
95. Soap. Really.
96. Broccoli with garlic sauce and fried tofu from Chinese restaurants
97. The way O plays piano
98. How much better my practice is after recently hearing her, every time.
99. That I am nice, mostly
100. And kind to children
And think about their long-term welfare too. Try not to destroy them, as some people do…

No comments:

Post a Comment