Wednesday, March 20, 2013

My 100 Gratitudes Today

I am grateful:

1. I am grateful that I just wrote and sent that email to A. It was hard and I don’t know what the reaction will be, but I can’t care. I did the right thing. Yay.
2. I am grateful for the children reading right now.
3. And for the website onemorestory.com.
4. And the woman I knew who thought of the idea for it.
5. And brought it around with paper books in big apron pockets to children in a cancer hospital.
6. And then together with her brother who was more techy than she, created this wonderful site.
7. First and second graders…. Love it.
8. I am grateful to her brother as well of course.
9. That I get to do a little med. with the children.
10. I am grateful for every single time I have acted with bravery.
11. Including the time when I saved my mother
12. And the other time when I saved my mother
13. And the time I saved my friend C.
14. And the fact that I was so good to J when he called the day after he left.
15. And telling L. I cannot date him anymore.
16. And writing that just now to A.
17. And facing my shit in therapy.
18. And getting here all those mornings when I barely can.
19. And getting through my after-accident PTSS.
20. And swimming!
21. And showing up for ww
22. And for zumba
23. And for gym machines
24. And answering phone when feel can’t
25. And doing mother’s shopping when feel can’t
26. And paying her bills when feel can’t
27. And mine too
28. And finding a way to get that flight cage home without calling for help, though shaking and praying the whole time
29. And showing up for OA
30. And starting this blog
31. And maintaining it
32. And doing grats every day (virtually every day)
33. And doing what’s right even when it’s so hard
34. And trying to “just do the next right thing.”
35. And being honest
36. That the kiddies asked me to play for them today.
37. And I did. While they were making their Flat Stanleys. Chopin. Gorgeous Nocturne.
38. And they applauded and loved it!
39. And then – they asked – could I play another!
40. And I did. Gorgeous Rachmaninof Elegie.
41. And I asked them in advance – the other one I have is very sad. I warned them. Asked them, “Can you take a sad one?
42. They said, “Yes! If YOU think it’s pretty. Do you?”
43. And I said yes, and played it. And they applauded and really liked it.
44. That are singing a curriculum related song with the piano too.
45. And really trying to learn it correctly
46. And asking me to play that too.
47. That I am a free person.
48. And will probably be loved one day…
49. And AM lovable
50. That I made it in today – hard
51. And didn’t call and cancel dr. – hard very!
52. That I gave the kdis a good day today
53. And have more planned
54. My cell phone
55. That I don’t hold it up to my ear much at all.
56. Tomorrow I will see my mother
57. Today dr. will come
58. Serious fb posts
59. And artistic ones
60. And funny ones too.
61. That L. is not like, harassing me with phone calls daily
62. That I like being here at work (maybe one day I’ll like being at home too)
63. My birdies!
64. That my piano practice IS going better.
More as soon as can get back

No comments:

Post a Comment