Tuesday, March 12, 2013

My 100 Gratitudes Today

I am grateful:

1. The inspirational pages on fb
2. Kind people
3. The 1 ½ minute video I just saw where that woman helped the blind man
4. That I got my masters degree i
5. n a seminary
6. in theology/religious education
7. languages
8. my dear birds, bless their hearts
9. The Deepak/Oprah 21-day meditation challenge
10. That although I overslept – and don’t know how (alarm set…?) I got up IN TIME. Phew.
11. That even thought they make me nervous, I CAN handle the parent conferences. I CAN.
12. Summer
13. Jewel
14. That I have been singing to them
15. And reading to them
16. And talking to them
17. And playing piano for them
18. And starting to put my hand in their cage a little
19. That I did the bank stuff today
20. And the woman helped me so much
21. And I feel empowered a little
22. Because yes, every time I step outside of my comfort zone, my comfort zone expands
23. Veganism
24. No candy in the house lol
25. Sweet bird chirping right in my den sometimes
26. I will nap now. Phew
27. Roseanne repeats. I don’t know why; I find them cheerful
28. Protein
29. Veggies
30. Fruits
31. Nuts
32. Grains
33. Water
34. Driving
35. Eyesight
36. Electricity
37. A’s advice
38. L not bothering me. Not calling or anything. Phew.
39. Not having to unfriend any of them. (Except S, but that was weeks ago).
40. Meditating with my kids yesterday
41. And today
42. And that they loved it both days
43. Every kid was into it!
44. Two have taught families and are doing on weekends
45. I was especially awesome to them today
46. My piano
47. Am home safe and sound and can sleep. Right now. (nap). Very very tired. But all is well in my world. Truly
48. Am so excited to get home each day to these beaituful birds
49. That I took my time
50. That they are each healthy
51. And lively
52. But so gentle
53. One is faster (Summer)
54. The other is ESPECIALLY sweet. (Jewel)
55. But both are so nice
56. That they bring me such happiness
57. I do believe birds are much better “pets” for me than dogs.
58. And finally, finally, realize that that is ok.
59. They will be out of that cage a couple of hours a day. As soon as they’re ready and able
60. I believe – thank you BIRDIE! – that they WILL be tame
61. I m already learning lessons from them
62. I was able to teach my kids such cool life things as well as great authentic curriculum today
63. That I can challenge them without harming them. They NEED a challenge. They LOVE to meet it.
64. As do *I *.
65. Afe driving on slippery roads today
66. Fb
67. My blog
68. And it’s getting better
69. Turtles
70. That cats are so pretty.
71. Honest people
72. I am so grateful that I am alive today
73. And that having awakened in a bad place, I was able to turn it around
74. Valerie Harper’s beautiful and wonderful inspiration
75. Good teachers everywhere
76. Bread
77. Kandinsky
78. Lee Krasner
79. Picasso
80. Chopin
81. O.
82. M’s amazing gifts at school for my teaching
83. That I’m able to do Koko with all 4 classes this year.
84. My toes. Yes, really.
85. That I can chew.
86. And swallow.
(I remember when my mother couldn’t)
87. The level of poetry we’re able to get to/through with the children these days
88. Goo games for them like “jacks.”
89. And “Chinese jacks.”
90. And Frisbies
91. And finger puppets
92. And Legos
93. And Lincoln Logs
94. Good movies
95. And good actors
96. Good nurses
97. Who are compassionate
98. Books with a message
99. Movies with a message
100. It may seem low-class, but I love People magazine. And am grateful to be able to have two in the house right now._____________________________________________

No comments:

Post a Comment