Sunday, March 10, 2013

Today Is My Birthday, and

Today is my birthday
and
I went out last night with my best girlfriend, M.
She took me to dinner.
Then we went to a movie and I paid.
And she bought the snacks.
I had a wonderful time at dinner, where we talked and laughed and chatted. I need more of that girlfriend time:)
The movie was great: Silver Linings Playbook. Different, but I recommend it.

And before that, I bought a LARGE flight cage and supplies
and I pick up my two parakeets today .
Yes.
I finally made the decision.



Two will not be tame like one would. It is possible, but highly unlikely. Not sit on my shoulder...
But I cannot in good conscience have one - that bird would be alone all the time and dependent on and waiting for, me.
This way - they will have each other.
I picked two who seemed top healthy, happy and friendly but not aggressive, and were laying with each other a good deal.
I I CAN tame them, I shall, so that they may fly about the house... walk on the table while I do work....
But if I cannot, i will enjoy having them, and I'll know THEY are happy!

I did this for MYSELF. I spent a lot of money, with cage and supplies and all: $304. and change. But it is okay. Just this once. And I'm not going to Paris...which would have cost more of course : )

And I wore my earrings that L. gave me before I did the really truly final breakup. He said don't give them back. Besides, quite frankly, they cost less that what he owes me since July! They were 70 with tax 78 I think. He owes me over 120. So I feel fine wearing the pretty earring he did buy out of "love."

And for my birthday, this year, I have no date. No boyfriend. No man.

But I shall see my mother.
I shall straighten up.
And I shall bring home my birdies. Who happen also, to be quite beautiful.

I shall NOT spend 50 hours lol online.
I shall either watch What Dreams May Come (On Demand) or read a good amount of Lifeboat.

And I shall feed myself for health, not emotions.

And I shall do gratitudes.

Today is my birthday, and I am so happy to be alive. And I thank God for that feeling, with all my heart!

For my birthday present to self, besides the birds:
no more sleeping on couch
do best on food plan
exercise 3 x a week
read or piano a bit every day
be EXTRA nice to students
Reiki or meditation 3 x a week OR 2 - 5 minutes every day.
And - believe it or not - be happy. In the day. Why not.

3 comments:

  1. Ƹ̵̡Ӝ̵̨̄Ʒ ♥❄♥ ¸.•*´ ♡♥ ❇ ★ ♡♥ ☆ `*•.¸ ♥❄♥ Ƹ̵̡Ӝ̵̨̄Ʒ ♥❄♥ ¸.•
    *♡♥ ❇ ★ ♡♥ H A P P Y B I R T H D A Y ! ☆ *•.¸ ♥❄
    ♥ Ƹ̵̡Ӝ̵̨̄Ʒ ♥❄♥ ¸.•*´♡♥ ❇ ★ ♡♥ ☆ *•.¸ ♥❄♥ Ƹ̵̡Ӝ̵̨̄Ʒ♥❄♥ ¸.
    Enjoy your birds. I had three parakeets at once and I was able to tame all of them. ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh yay! They are very sweet! And they love each other! And I love you! Thank you!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Happy Birthday! The birds are beautiful. Have fun with them.

    ReplyDelete