Tuesday, March 12, 2013

Weird

I am a try-to-be-practicing-Buddhist since 2005.
Not as a religion - neither a deity nor a creation story involved.
As a path.

But I was born into Catholicism
and raised in a Catholic and Jewish - later more Jewish - community.
Have Hindu students and Islam friends.
Protestant friends and relatives
J. and L = atheists.
None of it matters to me, as long as golden rule, which every major religion and family... teaches.

I accept all the beliefs, native from these lands, all those mentioned above,...

But *I'm*
suddenly so interested in what is going on in Catholicism.
Like God is calling me back.
Doesn't have to be Catholicism. In this case just is.

Just "hung up" IMing with A.
Would rather be in den with God's little creatures, the birdies:)
And then go to sleep
with no pressure for online cyber sexies yuck.

Miss L. The one who didn't really exist. The one I used to believe in.
And the one who does exist, as a friend I miss.
But can't go there.
Have been invited to a Seder in same community. SO tempted to go! To be around PEOPLE. But should probably disengage from THOSE people.
Find my OWN people.
I already have M, MA, ML, St, O, (all females) and my mother and my birdies. Exercise class and ww people.
Book club (through work) people. Colleagues. Adored students.
God, Thich Nhat Hanh, Buddha, in spirituality.
J as like helper friend.
Nature, trees, walks, spring coming,
house,...
piano..
birds bear repeating:)
Guess really SHOULD take these few months and redevelop self. Happily. Having fun. Not hibernating suffering.
That's all.
And say goodbye where goodbyes are needed. Like did with L. Like must with A. And S and J and all the others from the L-area in NYC crew.

Pray.
Play piano
Exercise
Play with birdies
See friends
Get outside
Teach like my students' lives depend on it. Because they do (from a poem).
And enjoy the day.

Next year will be a different March 12 than this.
And in between will be fulfilling.

"Don't hold the funeral the day before the funeral. Live this day." Valerie Harper

No comments:

Post a Comment