Monday, March 25, 2013

My Dear Birds and My Happiness

Miraculous beautiful day.

I just had a miraculous little event of joy
I held millet on a little stick and sang to the birds
and they didn't come near
and didn't
then a little nearer but still not

then Summer turned and said something to Jewel - they were together in the corner
and they both hopped over and started eating it as I held it

then after about 5 minutes, Jewel stepped out on it like a perch
they kept eating and both stood on it
looking at me and eating

Now they are playing and chirping

And I am filled with joy.

God's miraculous tiny little creatures learning to trust me.

--

And then
One hour ago after cleaning their cage and giving them 2 new toys and 3 organic baby spinach leaves,
I wheeled them to the l.r. by the piano and practiced for an hour.
They listened, looked, sang.
Are back in den and singing now.

And I am filled with joy yet again.

2 comments:

  1. Summer turned and to Jewel, "This chick is all right. Let's go for it!"

    And they did and one day they will be sitting on your shoulders and head as you play piano.

    ReplyDelete