Friday, March 8, 2013

My 100 Gratitudes Today





I am home sick, but I am grateful:

1. That I can get pay when home sick
2. That I made sub plans
3. That M will polish them up
4. My shrink came Wednesday
5. It was helpful
6. The pharmacy delivered my two prescriptions (delivery)
7. And I opened them, and thought – wow. I am able to get any prescriptions I need. I am fortunate.
8. I called L. that night. To really finally end it. Grateful I was brave
9. He was sick in bed and I thought, this can wait a day. Grateful I was compassionate.
10. But he was guessing anyway. So yesterday morning he wrote that I don’t need to say it – he knows… I’m grateful because I think it was easier on him that way
11. And frankly, it was easier on me too.
12. Coffee
13. Non-dairy milks
14. That I can have the luxury of walking about
15. In my home
16. With heat on
17. Chopin
18. Sweetness. In every person and animal who has it.
19. Fb
20. God
21. My health
22. My eyesight
23. That L seems to have “gotten it.”
24. That although I’m a little sad, seeing difference between now and last year at this time… I am relieved.
25. And even hopeful
26. Last year in London for spring break
27. Was so happy. SO happy.
28. Am working on getting that again. Not London, but happy: )
29. All the good kisses I have had.
30. All the good sex I have had
31. All the good orgasms I have had
32. All the love I had had from hubby…
33. Friends
34. Students
35. That I help them.
36. The joy they’ve brought me.
37. The paintings I have in my house from students. Four paintings.
38. Grateful for my healthy brain
39. And liver
40. And kidneys. Really am.
41. And colon
42. Grateful for my thongy blingy slippers

43. And my warm boot kind of ones
44. I am grateful for my mother
45. And that she is doing so much better! Having good healthy people-filled days. Not lying around decrepitating
46. That I MIGHT be “rescuing” two birds soon. It’s a possibility
47. That Ma called
48. Magazines. I will need them today!
49. And two books
50. Tv. I kind of wish I weren’t grateful/ needy of tv. But am☺
51. Humor
52. Trees with snow on them outside my window right now. So beautiful
53. Birds
54. Sunrise
55. And sunset
56. Pretty snow very little and pretty
57. And that I don’t have to fucking clean damn car because no man here : ( and go out in it
58. prayer
59. meditation
60. Reiki
61. Kairava

62. The word, “Beloved”
63. This quote by Einstein: “Everybody is a genius. But if you judge a fish by its ability to climb a tree it will live its whole life believing that it is stupid.”
64. And this one by him also: ““If you want your children to be intelligent, read them fairy tales. If you want them to be more intelligent, read them more fairy tales.”
65. And: We cannot solve our problems with the same thinking we used when we created them.
66. And this one, that I have always adored: “Never doubt that a small group of thoughtful, committed, citizens can change the world. Indeed, it is the only thing that ever has.”
― Margaret Mead
67. And this one: “Never doubt that a small group of thoughtful, committed, citizens can change the world. Indeed, it is the only thing that ever has.”
― Margaret Mead
68. “Sometimes good things fall apart so better things can fall together.”
69. Huge! : “If a person wants to be a part of your life, they will make an obvious effort to do so. Think twice before reserving a space in your heart for people who do not make an effort to stay.”
70. “Falling in love is not a choice. To stay in love is.”
71. “Trying to be someone else is a waste of the person you are.”
72. “No matter how good or bad you have it, wake up each day thankful for your life. Someone somewhere else is desperately fighting for theirs.”
73. “It is never too late to be happy.”
74. “You don’t drown by falling in the water. You drown by staying there.”
75. “A year from now you will wish you had started today.” -Karen Lamb
76. “Man cannot discover new oceans unless he has the courage to lose sight of the shore.” -Andre Gide
77. “Don’t say you don’t have enough time. You have exactly the same number of hours per day that were given to Helen Keller, Pasteur, Michaelangelo, Mother Teresea, Leonardo da Vinci, Thomas Jefferson, and Albert Einstein.” –Life’s Little Instruction Book
78. “All great changes are preceded by chaos.” -Deepak Chopra
79. “Whenever you find yourself on the side of the majority, it’s time to pause and reflect.” -Mark Twain
80. “If what you’re doing is not your passion, you have nothing to lose.”
81. “Use what talents you possess, the woods will be very silent if no birds sang there except those that sang best.” -Henry van Dyke
82. “The best thing you can do is the right thing; the next best thing you can do is the wrong thing; the worst thing you can do is nothing.” -Theodore Roosevelt
83. “Nothing diminishes anxiety faster than action.” -Walter Anderson
84. “All our dreams can come true – if we have the courage to pursue them.” –Walt Disney
85. “Here is the test to find whether your mission on earth is finished. If you’re alive, it isn’t.” -Richard Bach
86. “Your life does not get better by chance, it gets better by change.” –Jim Rohn
87. “If today were the last day of my life, would I want to do what I am about to do today?” -Steve Jobs
88. “Fear, uncertainty and discomfort are your compasses toward growth.”
89. “To create more positive results in your life, replace ‘if only’ with ‘next time.’”
90. “As soon as anyone starts telling you to be “realistic,” cross that person off your invitation list.” –John Eliot
91. “I can accept failure, everyone fails at something. But I can’t accept not trying.” –Michael Jordan
92. “The reasonable man adapts himself to the world; the unreasonable one persists in trying to adapt the world to himself. Therefore, all progress depends on the unreasonable man.” -George Bernard Shaw
93. “You’re braver than you believe, and stronger than you seem, and smarter than you think.” –A.A. Milne
94. “You must do the thing you think you cannot do.” -Eleanor Roosevelt
95. “Never, never, never, never give up.” –Winston Churchill
96. “One day your life will flash before your eyes. Make sure it’s worth watching.” –Unknown
97. I alone cannot change the world, but I can cast a stone across the waters to create many ripples. - Mother Teresa
98. What I like most about change is that it’s a synonym for “hope”. If you are taking a risk, what you are really saying is, “I believe in tomorrow and I will be part of it.” – Linda Ellerbee
99. Incredible change happens in your life when you decide to take control of what you do have power over instead of craving control over what you don't. - Steve Maraboli, Life, the Truth, and Being Free
100. Hope. And these quotes give me hope.

No comments:

Post a Comment