Friday, April 27, 2012

Gratitudes

I am grateful: 1. That I’m not in the classroom today. I’d rather be, in most ways, and love the kids, but it’s good to have a change sometimes. 2. That the kids moaned when I said I’d be out. 3. And then asked could I not go do the scoring 4. And then asked if I could move to third grade with them 5. And then, when I kidded, “No, I can’t. But I COULD leave you all back,” they said, “Yes!” 6. And this was just about everybody, not one or two kids! 7. L’s voice at night. How he changes it *immediately * when I’m ready to sleep, and I love our good night phone calls. 8. That I do as well as he in Jeopardy. That surprises me so much. 9. That this weekend I will have TWO nights there! 10. And see S and Jo twice too! 11. That I took my mother to dinner yesterday 12. We had Thai. Neither of us liked it. She’s decided she doesn’t like that restaurant, and I will just go back to the way I usually order next time, but I’m glad we went 13. And we had a nice enough visit. 14. And she was VERY glad that we had time together. 15. I’m grateful that the kids were so happy Wed and yesterday 16. And that our states song is going so well, with both classes 17. And that M had that great idea about the poem-in-your-pocket extravaganza yesterday 18. And that she shared it with me 19. And that I said yes – it was awesome 20. And then when she “put me on the spot” to sing my poem to Over the Rainbow, on the spot, for the two classes, I did 21. And it was beautiful 22. And everyone thought so! 23. And then they did their thing and it went great! Great! 24. And that later, with the buddies, I was on the phone with some phone-carrier “emergency,” and L, the other teacher, was fine with that! 25. That I straightened out the phone thing 26. And now have more minutes 27. And – it is only in my own name, too. 28. That these bills should ALL be taken care of by Sunday night 29. Mexican vegan food soon 30. And a major restaurant I’ve always wanted to visit soon too 31. And a Broadway show! 32. And a vegan group 33. And a birthday of Jo’s. Nice. 34. Ir, and the lessons I’ve learned from that 35. Soft hands today 36. Soft lips yesterday 37. Such good physical feelings yesterday. 38. Including a different one in the morning from the afternoon 39. And that one last night in bed on phone, as if a big dark black hole all around but me just so very cozy. 40. That S understood that I cannot let him tell me the stuff about … because I must be above board and when it’s time, he’ll tell me himself. 41. The time I went away with the 23 women 42. And that I drove the whole way 43. And back 44. That I went to London! 45. Alone! 46. And loved every minute (except the meltdown, but that worked out great too) 47. Prayer 48. Reiki 49. Meditation 50. That I do not have to do the yoga tomorrow 51. Mothers 52. Fathers 53. My father, the angel that he was 54. M 55. Her girls 56. Ji for her lessons to us all about internal okayness 57. Je for her lessons to us all about lack of shyness 58. Both for their lessons about being self 59. That I can be self with L 60. My sponsor 61. And that I *don’t * have to call til Tues because is away - nice break too 62. Eating better 63. Losing weight. And I believe, more to come 64. All those Masses when I was little 65. The sound of my radiator in my bedroom when I was little 66. My grandmother’s ceiling when I was little and sister and I would sleep over 67. The 5 Mindfulness Trainings 68. That M will read them with me every month 69. Me and l on his computer room floor. So comfy. Blankets, and him on top of me 70. Blankets 71. Pillows 72. Comforters 73. His foot massager thing 74. Good food 75. Good wine 76. Good girlie beer 77. Good manly beer for him 78. His water. Quadruple filtered, and ozonated, with sort of citrus drops in it. So fresh. So clean. Amazing. 79. That I’m smart enough. 80. Jo, our computer person. I love her. 81. That I was born in America 82. To parents that valued education 83. And a father that really wanted his daughter to go to college 84. And that they paid for my private college! 85. That I bought my own house 86. That was so hard. But I did it. Despite ALL the hardships! 87. I’m BEGINNING to start to toy with believing that I can get this place fixed up. 88. That my financial person will come by today for me to sign the thing 89. L’s kisses. I’ve never experienced anything like it. 90. My phone call with M this morning 91. A little spending money 92. Firemen 93. Little-dog 94. The lessons I’ve learned from her about living 95. And the lessons I learned from M (earlier Little-dog), about kindness and gentleness. 96. That I’m feeling less guilty 97. My principal. I love her. And I’m so glad for that 98. Breakfasts 99. Coffee 100. A bed. 101. And that L finds it comfortable

No comments:

Post a Comment