Wednesday, April 25, 2012

Grats

I am grateful: 1. My mother 2. That I will take her for Thai food tomorrow night 3. That I was given permission to miss the book course yesterday. I hadn’t read the book because too painful (children with cancer) and a number of people hadn’t, and that was fine. 4. Good new book I just bought. 5. Non-fiction and higher level, which I like! 6. That I can even buy a book 7. I bought clothes yesterday! 8. 2 pants 9. 2 tops 10. 2 skirts! 11. 2 tops 12. a dress 13. a shrug 14. 6 pair of shoes! Wow! 15. And I remember when I was too phobic to even do the shopping without J 16. And later, without O 17. And after that, without St. Oh, thank you, God!! 18. The saleswoman at the clothes store was SO lovely. SO helpful. SO accommodating. 19. And gave me the plastic hangers 20. And because no pants/skirt hangers, even gave me some wooden ones! 21. My clothes are 4 sizes lower than they were at my heaviest. 22. And this must be good for my health. 23. Museums 24. Planetariums 25. Outdoor sculpture gardens 26. Museums/planetariums that have “Astronomy Day” 27. Good books 28. Gas for my car 29. My car 30. Nice stores between work and here (home) 31. Beautiful tree-lined drives 32. People. Yup. 33. EJ. SOOOOOOO loved hearing from her yesterday. 34. iPhone. What a great and non-pressured way to take photos! 35. My kids. They were *horrible * yesterday AND Monday. But I realize it is up to ME to turn that around! 36. M. And all her amazing ideas for the kids 37. That today’s For Today is exactly along the lines of what Thich Nhat Hanh taught me! 38. Nice talk with M on the phone this morning. 39. And she says she will read aloud the 5 Mindfulness Trainings with me EVERY month! 40. And she even OFFERED to MEET ME in person before school (she’s at another building today) to do it! I said no, but she offered. So nice. 41. That I can walk! 42. That I can talk! 43. Sitcoms. Really. 44. Chimps 45. Dogs 46. Gorillas 47. Monkeys 48. Dolphins 49. Trees in buds and leaf 50. Gonna be paying own bills. Scared, but can. And will. This very next time. 51. Je 52. Ji (M’s kids) 53. And that we are close 54. Affirmations 55. My morning spiritual work 56. That L says will try meditating together. Because I CANNOT skip those 2 days every week! Or “fit it in” before/after. It must have more importance and more importance in time than that. I’m glad he’s willing to try. 57. That if he doesn’t try, or doesn’t like, I will do by self. 58. Walking outside in the springtime 59. Inspirational quotes 60. Computers 61. Dancing. I love to dance. 62. Our new book for the book course, which SEEMS like it won’t be as difficult emotionally as the last two. 63. Laughter 64. K, who has helped me so much and we are equal friends. 65. ML and all the life-skills I’ve learned from her 66. St and her lightheartedness 67. That I don’t need the shit I needed when “needed” J 68. That some stuff is coming up, through my relationship with L 69. That I can work it through with my dr 70. That my dr comes today 71. Vegan event coming up! 72. And lunch with friends! 73. And dinner out with friends! 74. And a play! So many amazing things coming up 75. And in some weeks, an amazing concert! 76. Texting 77. Phone working (last Friday night it wasn’t) 78. My lawyer. God bless her. 79. People who keep confidences 80. Pink. I have come to appreciate that color. 81. M buying me that bright pink keyboard cover! 82. Me thinking I CAN use it after all (yesterday it seemed sort of pushed on me and – bright) 83. People who are nice to each other. 84. Like Li, at meetings 85. My French homework. Enjoyable so far 86. French. French French French French French. And that my teacher told me I must do the homework to MEMORIZE these things! (Duh, why didn’t I think of that?) 87. That I just did some French homework this morning : ) 88. That I really do think I will have to fit in DAILY exercise 89. And DAILY piano 90. And DAILY French 91. Am nervous about schedule, but am SO GRATEFUL as this is a very good nervous to have! 92. And grateful that am aware of that 93. Can see 94. And hear 95. And smell 96. And taste 97. And drive 98. And think 99. And breathe on own 100. And speak

No comments:

Post a Comment