Wednesday, April 25, 2012

Readings

For Today: "We honor ourselves and our friends when we can tell them how we feel." Theodore Isaac Rubin "Expressing my feelings, especially the negative ones, does not come easily. I want people to like me. I prefer to please rather than anger or upset a friend. There are some things, however, that are not worth the price i have to pay for them. Like all progress, willingness is all it takes to learn how to deal with emotions such as anger in a way that harms neither me nor others. By consciously FEELING my anger, rather than acting as if it isn't there, I am actually expressing it, even if only to myself. From this beginning,I can go on to learn how to express my true feelings to others. For today: Being honest and open with friends and family is a sign of growth. -

No comments:

Post a Comment