Friday, April 13, 2012

My Hundred Grats Today

I am grateful:

1. My legs
2. My eyesight
3. My eyeglasses
4. My friend M.
5. My friend MA.
6. My bed. Even though it’s broken, I’m grateful for it.
7. My students. They are at a good place right now.
8. My online spiritual community.
9. My laptop
10. My tv
11. Cable tv
12. Lamps
13. My salary
14. My dog; may I have some time with her
15. Our computer teacher, Jo
16. Her heart. (Besides her computer help).
17. L. L in my life
18. Last Sunday morning, me and L., listening to the music together.
19. I finally got to hear Shostakovich.
20. In his (L’s) arms
21. And he was explaining what he believes about it (He is an acknowledged Shostakovich expert)
22. And what he FEELS
23. And asking did I want him to not do that, so as not to influence me
24. And we were in his computer room and he was sitting at the computer and I was on the floor, which I love in that room, with the special blanket he gives me. So cozy.
25. And I was reading him the names of works of art I’d noted from the Tate Modern Museum!
26. And he was looking them up on the computer!
27. And I was reading him my notes!
28. And we were sharing thoughts/feelings about these works!
29. And we had so much in common!
30. It was such joy.
31. And he brought me breakfast, to the d.r. table. Wouldn’t even let me help.
32. And we brought my stuff to the car and had a nice ride home.
33. And while I was there, he introduced me to the neighbors. It was all so nice.
34. He has a lovely deck
35. And table and chairs out there
36. I am happy that he is coming here for this weekend.
37. Scared, but happy. And grateful that I’m not ALWAYS feeling insecure
38. And that we’ll visit M and her girls this Sat night for dinner
39. That I did some laundry yesterday
40. And got the garbage out this morning
41. Kisses
42. Especially L. kisses. The best kisses I’ve ever experienced
43. That we’re both so tactile
44. That my students are happy
45. And learning
46. My iPhone
47. The wonderful seder last week
48. That L’s friend J wants to know if I have a friend.
49. And I’m thinking maybe K…
50. My French lessons
51. My piano!
52. O.
53. S.
54. St.
55. April 28, we’re going to a play, L, S and Jo, and I.
56. For her birthday
57. She sent an email to a bunch of people yesterday am, with a picture of the TNH calligraphy I’d bought for and given her, and a giant thank you to me!
58. That I bought them. (The one for her
59. And the one for S
60. And the one for L
61. And the ones for me)
62. And that the money goes to the hungry Vietnamese children
63. The video I just watched of TNH doing the calligraphy. Nice.
64. My sponsor and all the amazing shares for me.
65. J.A.
66. Learning how to not run from my suffering, but to care for it – and it goes away!
67. Comments on my blog
68. EJ
69. Birdie
70. JJ
71. Everyone who follows
72. That although I am VERY tempted to watch them take my garbage, as I hear the truck right now, I am not looking. Must learn to trust
73. Meditation
74. Walking meditation
75. Touch the earth
76. Begin anew
77. Noble silence
78. Eating mindfully
79. My vocabulary irl is starting to improve
80. That my kids are enjoying the poetry writing so much
81. And that Sy’s is so good!
82. And that I shared it with L
83. There IS enough time. I mean, when I feel like there isn’t (like now), the truth is, there is. Like in an existential way, what is is. So what is, is supposed to be.
84. Huge lessons in life.
85. My relief from so many fears!
86. And from almost “suicidal” tendencies. May I always have this relief.
87. Everyone who reads this blog today. Literally every one.
88. That I am not alone in cyber-space!!
89. Veggies and brown rice tomorrow night.
90. That I was dressed up at school yesterday
91. All cosmetics that do not use animal products
92. And that do not test on animals at all.
93. Same with all foods that do not come from animals
94. And all foods that grow: fruits
95. Vegetables
96. Grains
97. Nuts
98. Seeds
99. This day
100. And that I am alive to have it.
101. Fun Friday (for class)

1 comment:

  1. Thank you.

    I'm so very glad you are back and that you had an amazing time. Thank you for sharing your experience.

    ReplyDelete