Thursday, April 19, 2012

Grats

I am grateful:

1. Today’s For Today
2. Today’s Voices of Recovery. I REALLY needed that!
3. Shampoo
4. L
5. M’s feelings about L
6. This movie stage of a relationship – it’s fun
7. I’m going into the city tonight!
8. And being taken to dinner!
9. And to a concert!
10. My journey. Wow. I can’t believe I said that.
11. The strong light in the den.
12. So much birdsong lately
13. That I can see
14. That I can walk.
15. That I can taste
16. That I can smell
17. That I can touch. Really. All these things.
18. L in bed. After all those worries, we are having a great time in bed. Yay!
19. Sh
20. K
21. Me
22. Le
23. G
24. N
25. M!
26. Even D, to some extent
27. P
28. A
29. Li a little
30. T
31. Ch a little
32. Jo a lot
33. Ma
34. MA a little
35. A a little
36. P
37. Ma a tiny bit but still
38. M – other M, a lot!
39. L’s house. Even though it’s cluttered, the bathrooms and kitchen are clean, and I feel very comfortable there. Could not live there as is (well, would rather not – could not is severe) with the hanging wallpaper… but am SO comfortable visiting him there.
40. His haven of a bedroom
41. That I’m losing weight
42. And have a lovely skirt to wear tonight!
43. My “Reiki” ring
44. K
45. St
46. MA
47. ML
48. S
49. O
50. God
51. Buddha
52. Thich Nhat Hahn
53. My freedom of speech
54. My freedom of religion
55. My freedom to have the education I want, as much as I want
56. My freedom to have the job I want
57. My freedom to drive
58. My ability to drive
59. My car
60. My little house
61. That it’s all mine
62. That L is comfy here
63. That J can’t get my house! He would if he could and that hurts so much
64. That he is TRYING to not “have to” take so much money from me
65. My great lawyer
66. That I paid a bill yesterday. And that helps me believe I really can do it. I used to, I know. But the online thing is tougher for me
67. That J is going to show me that this weekend with ALL the info I need, this time!
68. My hotel in London
69. That I was really there
70. Both flights
71. That I did that by myself!
72. And planned it by myself!
73. Even that I had the courage to ask for the two days to do it!
74. That I was able, THROUGH MY OWN HARD WORK(!) to afford it!
75. My principal and her support just now
76. And same with school psychologist (it wasn’t about me; it was a parent’s problem)
77. The other parent, whom I am (appropriately) helping. I’m grateful I’m doing that – it will only benefit the kid
78. When I turned to my aide yesterday, because I felt like I’d been cranky, and I said – softly! I thought no one else could hear(!) – “I’m a horrible person.” And an angel girl in my class came up and said, “No you’re not, Mrs. __.”
79. When Lu called out during come-to-the-dismissal rug time yesterday, “I love you, Mrs. ____.”
80. The poem little E wrote about me.
81. That it said I sing beautifully (spelled more like buoteful)
82. And that I know a LOT of math
83. And that math is REALLY important. So cute
84. That I showed it to L and he appreciated it and wrote to me, “Yes! Ms ____is MY favorite too! : )” That’s the first time I’ve seen him use a smile emoticon thingy!
85. That I washed my hair this morning
86. And I *think * it’s going to look great tonight.
87. That I’m here on time
88. That it is rainy so maybe we’ll have indoor recess, which would feel good to ME today! : )
89. That my kids are doing better in every subject!
90. And enjoying reading
91. And I got R to admit something the other day – without harassing her – it was her first admission-
92. And helped her feel so good about it
93. And the other kid, A, who confessed of her own hysterical volition that she had done something dishonest – I’m SO proud of how I handled that!
94. And she hugged me yesterday – first time!
95. That I got permission to tell that parent what I want to tell that parent
96. And great suggestion about HOW to say it
97. Nature centers
98. Sanctuaries
99. Morning has broken
100. And the song, “Morning Has Broken”

No comments:

Post a Comment