Wednesday, April 11, 2012

Today's Readings

For Today:

"And this is the noble truth of the arising of sorrow. It arises from craving . . .
And this is the noble truth of the stopping of sorrow. It is the complete stopping of that craving . . . being emancipated from it." The Pali Canon

"The complete stopping of that craving . . ." How aptly that describes recovery in the twelve-step program.
Recovery is not resisting the craving; it is being FREE of it. The process may be a long or relatively short one, but until I experience that emancipation i must act on faith. I willingly and gratefully follow the suggestions of those whose craving has been arrested and who live in the grace of recovery.

For today: My disease - the craving for excess food - has beaten me. But it is no match for the combined forces of my Higher Power, the OA Fellowship and my desire to stop."

I needed this!

--

Voices of Recovery:

"They want to learn all they can, and they never know when their Higher Power might choose to teach them." OA 12 & 12 p. 203

"How often have I prayed to my higher Power, asking for the solution to a problem or for deeper insight into my innermost self, yet ignored the answer when it was given. So many times I have sat in a meeting and discarded the useful suggestions of other members because they were still fat, were bulimic/anorexic, were of the opposite sex, or were too adamant. I had a multitude of reasons for ignoring others' ideas. if I am to reach a level of recovery that frees me to live a life of sane and happy usefulness, I must be willing to listen with an open mind and an open heart to all who share my compulsion. When I discard a suggestion because I find fault with the messenger, it is I who will suffer."

--

In This Moment:

"In This Moment, I change the CD.

Today, a part of me wants to stay in bed. What if I could imagine how it would be to wake up happy, joyous, and free. oh! What a gift that would be."

And I DO now!!!!!!!! Oh my God!!!!

Back to the text:

"Yeah, but here I am just lying here, a little down and tired of the same o' same ol'. Hey! Snap out of it! The sun is coming up, the birds are singing, the breeze is gently rustling the leaves, the sky is blue, and i get a new chance to make this a happy day.

Yes, it is my choice. Do I choose self-pity or do I choose happiness? I can get up and put a new CD in my head. CD could be Change Day. .Yes! Today I change the message. I'm happy to be alive."

--

The Language of Letting Go

"Financial Goals.
Taking responsibility"

Uh oh.

Back to text.

"Taking responsibility for our financial affairs will improve our self-esteem and lessen anxiety.
"each of us, today, has a PRESENT SET OF FINANCIAL CIRCUMSTANCES. We have a certain amount of money in hand, and money due to us. We have a pile of bills that we owe. We have taxes to pay. Those are our present financial circumstances. no matter what the details are, acceptance, gratitude, and self-responsibility will lessen the stress.
Each of us, today, has a FINANCIAL FUTURE. There are few future aspects of our life we can control, but one part we can play to assist our future is setting goals.
We don't have to obsess about our goals. We don't have to constantly watch and mark our progress toward them. But it is beneficial to think about our goals and write them down. What do we want to happen in our financial future? What financial problems would we lie to solve? What bill would we like to be rid of? What would we like to be earning at the end of this year? The end of next year? five years from now?
Are we willing to work for our goals and trust our higher Poser to guide us?
Pay bills on time. Contact creditors. make arrangements. Do your best, today, to take responsibility for your finances. Set goals for the future. Then, let go of money and concentrate on living. Taking responsibility for our financial affairs does not mean making money our focus. Taking responsibility for our finances enables us to take our focus off money. it frees us to do our work and live the life we want.
We deserve to have the self-esteem and peace that accompanies financial responsibility.

Today, I will take the time necessary to be responsible for myself financially.. if it is time to pay bills or talk to creditors, i will do that. if it is time to set goals, I will do that. Once i have done my part, i will let the rest go."

Wow. I really needed this too!

==

No comments:

Post a Comment