Thursday, April 26, 2012

Grats

I am grateful: 1. French. French French French French French! 2. A day. THIS day. 3. That I feel that way! (no. 2) 4. M 5. L 6. That my digestive system works 7. That I gave my kids such an amazing day yesterday. 8. That they were happy! 9. And they were learning! 10. And they were working! 11. And – they were behaving! Well, not in art, but yes for me. 12. That I actually TOLD them, “The last 2 days some of you – although very good children – have made some bad choices. And we’ve talked about that. And we’ve talked about what you need to change.” They’re nodding, they’re nodding. “But I didn’t talk about what *I * need to change. I went home last night and thought, ‘Well, I’m in that room too. If things aren’t going well, *I * have some of that responsibility…’” It was lovely 13. My mother’s example of being honest with children in this way 14. Am SO looking forward to this weekend 15. And it is so wonderful to be looking forward toward the weekend 16. or toward anything at all 17. math – I was kind of phobic about calculas, and even algebra, and certainly trigonometry. But I’ve always been great at teaching math to elementary students! 18. High-level discussions 19. Jeopardy 20. My nightly phone-during-Jeopardy date with L 21. That I can be myself – the nerd I kind of am. I couldn’t with J… 22. My friend K 23. Dreams. Very unpleasant one last night, but it told me something. 24. Health! Health health health. So grateful for health! 25. My sponsor. I can’t talk to ‘til Tues because sponsor away, but so grateful for my sponsor. 26. And that some days off from, too! : ) 27. Pillows. When you think of it, what luxury a pillow is! And to have more than one! 28. Joy 29. Honesty 30. Honest people 31. Eleanor Roosevelt 32. Helen Keller 33. Annie Sullivan 34. DVDs 35. Onemorestory.com 36. That I know the person who started it 37. Food. To have enough food. 38. Peanut butter 39. That I have a drawer of stuff he munches on for L 40. For Today 41. Voices of Recovery 42. In This Moment 43. The Language of Letting Go 44. That I am able to have afforded to buy all these books 45. Princess Diana 46. That things usually work out. 47. Emails 48. L’s kisses. I have never experienced anything like them. What a delightful surprise at this stage of my life. 49. Jo, our computer tech person and someone with whom I’d like to be better friends. 50. Le invited me to lunch yesterday 51. And we went 52. And had a nice talk and very nice time 53. And she treated! 54. And that I paid the tip. 55. Emoticons 56. Good books 57. My poem to read if anyone stops me today (Poem in Your Pocket day) 58. The amazing poetry filling the halls – all done by students 59. The clear visual of Kindergartners’ writing next to 4th graders’ – it shows what we accomplish together, the students and teachers (and parents, of course). 60. E-mailing my French teacher yesterday. As much in French as I could (as per her request). 61. Telephones 62. Cell phones 63. Texting 64. Oh my gosh, such wealth! iPhone 65. My car 66. Mazda – love that make 67. That I’ve had Mazdas for like 16 years or something 68. My job 69. That someday I will retire 70. MAYBE I’ll have enough money… 71. Soon this nightmare with J will be all obver 72. That I can read 73. And that I am helping others to, too. 74. That I am DECIDING whether to give Jo that present for her birthday. 75. That I decided to NOT let S tell me things about L. when L wants me to know things, he will tell me. 76. That L and I trust each other. 77. And can. 78. Wearing a little makeup some days 79. My new 5 tops 80. And 2 pants 81. And 2 skirts 82. And dress 83. And shrug 84. My Harrod’s jammies 85. And little “silky” robe. 86. That I can walk. I am so grateful for that 87. That I saw O last week. 88. And it went so well 89. I think I’ll be going to a very exciting concert soon. 90. Coffee 91. Cinnamon 92. Coconut milk 93. Mug 94. Cup 95. Saucer 96. Plates 97. Smaller plates too 98. Glasses. Need more, but have some: ) 99. Towels 100. Soap

No comments:

Post a Comment