Monday, September 15, 2014

Changing, changing!


Sept. 15

Count your blessings. Make a list of ten blessings. Write why you’re grateful. Reread your list, and at the end of each blessing say thank you, thank you, thank you, and feel as grateful for that blessing as you can.

***I am truly blessed to have HUGE HUGE HUGE REVELATION!
Because I almost contacted J. Because I NEED meditation but hate it alone. Thought maybe could stop there for 10 minutes each morning just do together. NEED it. HATE it alone.
But REALIZED –
THAT is the point!
I MUST do it alone!
This could be the “last step” in my independence!
So grateful for this.
Starting today
(Gulp)


I am truly blessed to have turned a bad situation around yesterday.
Because I was feeling BAD. But showing self I CAN turn it around. Keep going. Doing positive things…

I am so happy and grateful for greens.
Because my body desperately needs them for my emotions to be ok!

I am truly grateful for the beautiful weather these days.
Because it helps a lot with emotions!
Thank you thank you thank you!

With all my heart, thank you for somewhere to go.
Because although I feel like I WANT more weekend time, I need to be active and busy and doing and contributing and to feel good about myself. So it is another reason I am grateful for work.
Thank you thank you thank you!                                                                                                       

I am so happy and grateful for not being called to crime, or drugs, or even alcohol.
Because life is easier without those problems and people can be called by those things and have to fight them their whole life.
Thank you thank you thank you!

I am truly grateful for cheerful people. People who know that happiness takes work. That doesn’t mean it’s torture. It means it takes work. People who seem cheerful all the time must have problems too…
Because knowing this, helps me continue being one of them. The people who behave cheerfully. And I am grateful for the day O said those words to me, “Being happy is work.” Because I am willing to keep doing the work. And to accept it.
Thank you thank you thank you!

With all my heart, thank you for my decision to enjoy the day.
Because as Thich Nhat Hanh says, and it is TRUE: Life is only available in the present moment.
THIS is the only day I HAVE.
I might as well ENJOY it!
Take it easy. Relax. Do the work but take it easy and relax from worries!
Thank you thank you thank you!

I am so incredibly fortunate and lucky and grateful for my having made my vegetable stew, my pasta bake, and my green beans and protein and pasta dish.
Because I have healthy food for the whole week! Lots of portions. I might even bring a bit to my mother.
Thank you thank you thank you!

I am so incredibly fortunate and lucky and grateful for every person who has helped me on purpose
Because there are my parents, my cousin P, some principals, sponsors when I was in OA, people in groups when I was having such troubles with , J, Jim, M, O, MA, L, A., sweet children, Chr., EJ, JJ, Birdie.
Wow!
Thank you thank you thank you!

I am so incredibly fortunate and lucky and grateful for every person who has helped me “accidentally” or “incidentally.”
Because people who don’t even know that I follow their example and learn from them. But they ARE helping me. And through me, everyone I touch!
Like C, mother, An, N, Gl, Maa, L, …so many.
Thank you thank you than you!

I am intensely grateful for every beach time I’ve ever had!
Because it is sharing in and enjoying the beauty of God’s earth!
Thank you thank you thank you!

Thank you thank you thank you!


2. Remember The magic by counting the blessings of yesterday and writing them down. Ask yourself the question: What are the good things that happened yesterday? Scan the surface of yesterday until you feel satisfied that you’ve remembered and written down all the blessings of the day.

1.      Got laundry done
2.      Shopped for mother
3.      Visited her
4.      Bad visit BUT – straightened it out later
5.      Good talk with aide
6.      SO glad didn’t act on it yet though. Better that I calmed down before approaching other aide.
7.      Took drive to health food store
8.      Bought what needed for self
9.      Spent less this time and last! : )
10.   Bought treat of vegan ice creams for mother
11.   Dropped them off. Grateful for all these things.
12.   Was so tired and very very off. Really feeling bad after financial thing am, and then mother thing. But turned it around!
13.   After shopping did manage to come home and cook! THREE things!
14.   Am set for week. Phew!
15.   Stayed on eating well. Recorded it. Feels great.
16.   Was aware of my muscles all day. I exist also in my body. Feels great.
17.   Exercised early again. Loved it all day.
18.   Looked cute
19.   Two long and very good friend talks with L.
20.   Fine with A
21.   M called with great message from precious daughter.
22.   Think am prepared ENOUGH for school today : )
Thank you thank you thank you!

J
1.      Thank you, J, for every beach time we’ve had together!
2.      Thank you, J, for this opportunity for us to grow in independence, strength, and life.
3.      Thank you, J, for being good with the money I earned and we earned.
4.      Thank you, J, for all those meals you made for me!
5.      Thank you, J, for nice times together now!
6.      Thank you, J, for your honesty!
7.      Thank you, J, for your efforts!
8.      Thank you, J, for great fun!
9.      Thank you, J, for great sex!
10.   Thank you, J, for so much laughter always!
Thank you thank you thank you!

Health
1.      Thank you, Health for my muscle strength and it is growing!
2.      Thank you, Health, for my ability to see!
3.      Thank you, Health, for my ability to work!
4.      Thank you, Health, for my ability to laugh!
5.      Thank you, Health, for my ability to drive!
6.      Thank you, Health, for my ability to think!
7.      Thank you, Health, for my great hands!
8.      Thank you, Health, for my ability to eat and swallow and digest and assimilate and eliminate!
9.      Thank you, Health, for my ability to read!
10.   Thank you, Health, for my ability to play piano!
Thank you thank you thank you!

Thank you thank you thank you!

No comments:

Post a Comment