Monday, September 1, 2014

The Magic Sept. 1


Sept. 1

Count your blessings. Make a list of ten blessings. Write why you’re grateful. Reread your list, and at the end of each blessing say thank you, thank you, thank you, and feel as grateful for that blessing as you can.

**I am truly blessed to have my washer and dryer and place to hang stuff (on pipe in unfinished cellar lol)
Because laundry is in right now for the week, and I honestly don’t know how I’d do it otherwise. Hard enough FOR ME this way
(Truth – I WOULD find a way! : )
Thank you thank you thank you!

**I am so happy and grateful for cooking my stew yesterday.
Because it was healthy, delicious, 21 Day Fix compatible, and I have 3 more servings for evenings this week! Later I will make my pasta bake too! That’s 4 servings!
And I have salads, and proteins, beans. . . VERY grateful!
Thank you thank you thank you!

***** I am truly grateful for this! FINALLY – I THINK FOR THE FIRST TIME IN MY LIFE – I am FEELING while I eat healthy things, like I DESERVE TO.
Because  I never realized that I DIDN’T feel that, until now when this new feeling comes, that I DO!
OH! Thank you thank you thank you!!

*****With all my heart, thank you for this, written last night:
Written on Aug. 31
I felt happy today!
After initial morning whatevers, I exercised at 2 and then felt so good!
And I went to health food store and felt fine
And bought some things
And felt HAPPY on the way home. Like excited and HAPPY! Content. Fulfilled
Later that evening I felt SURE that IF I don’t want to be alone for the rest of my life (meaning outside of a romantic exclusive relationship), I won’t be, and that that is a no brainer. There are 7 billion people inthis world. I am a great one. If J doesn’t want me, of COURSE I can meet a loving lovely smart cute man who is romantic and wants ME!
Now I am reading my book (Gone Girl) with tv on in background and loving it.
Good Chopin
Goood birds
Good mother
Good long talk M.A.
A – I feel – a LITTLE disappointed but also FREED!
Because - OMG I’m really okay!                                                                                                                                                                    

**I am truly blessed to have  my stew recipes I made up. One of which (I made yesterday) is in next post as recipe
Because I love the cooking the putting away in portions and the eating of these healthy things.!
Thank you thank you thank you!

**I am so happy and grateful for work starting
Because although I “need” more time – piano etc, I need the structure and routine (oh how I hate admitting that) and I WANT to help kids! And my classroom is prettier than my house and I like to be there plus I’m in charge plus the piano is in tune lol
Thank you thank you thank you!

**I am truly grateful for all true peacemakers
Because our world needs them now more than EVER imo.
Thank you thank you thank you!

With all my heart, thank you for what I do know about and practice in mindfulness, AND, my ability to share it with my class this year!
Because I think it so very very helping and the only real way to live. I believe if I were better at that, it would really be the whole answer. For all of us, in fact. Because, as Thich Nhat Hanh says, “Life is only available in the present moment.”
Thank you thank you thank you!

I am so incredibly fortunate and lucky and grateful for my physical health
Because not struggling for it makes everything possible.
Thank you so much. Thank you thank you thank you!

I am so incredibly fortunate and lucky and grateful for everyone who reads this blog.
Because I feel not alone! And because maybe I can help someone!
Thank you thank you thank you!

Thank you thank you thank you!


2. Remember The magic by counting the blessings of yesterday and writing them down. Ask yourself the question: What are the good things that happened yesterday? Scan the surface of yesterday until you feel satisfied that you’ve remembered and written down all the blessings of the day.

1.      I felt good yesterday. Oh joy!
2.      I cooked the stew
3.      I ate the stew
4.      Except for a few raisins, I didn’t overeat at night.
5.      I read a lot of my book (Gone Girl) and am now on p. 351. I love the guessing. Well-done (not literary masterpiece by ANY means though!)
6.      Long talk MA
7.      Good talk mother
8.      Last day aide she doesn’t like
9.      Birds good
10.   Chopin
11.   L IMing
12.   Shift with A AND AM OK ABOUT IT!
13.   Some little straightening
Thank you thank you thank you!

Thank you thank you thank you!

No comments:

Post a Comment