Wednesday, September 17, 2014

The Magic Sept 17




Sept. 17

Count your blessings. Make a list of ten blessings. Write why you’re grateful. Reread your list, and at the end of each blessing say thank you, thank you, thank you, and feel as grateful for that blessing as you can.

I am truly blessed to have professional development this morning
Because I will learn what I need to know, PLUS being out of the classroom a LITTLE invigorates me to have even MORE to give when back
Thank you thank you thank you!

I am so happy and grateful for M.
Because she called last night and this morning. And she loves me. And her friendship is like sisterhood to me.
Thank you thank you thank you!

I am truly grateful for TWO people (who don’t know each other) asking yesterday to get together with me
Because they love who I AM. That feels SO nice!
Thank you thank you thank you!

With all my heart, thank you for my leg healing.
Because I should not have exercised the day before yesterday when it had hurt to begin with,
and doing so made it worse.
But I skipped yesterday and it has started to feel a lot better already
Thank you thank you thank you!                                                                                                       

I am truly blessed to be doing better
Because I felt like I was sinking a little for 2 days or so and more last night. But I am more positive again now.
Thank you thank you thank you!

I am so happy and grateful that yesterday, I wore a pair of pants all day that I couldn’t even zip up last week!
Because I am really DOING this!
Thank you thank you thank you!

I am truly grateful for my health and fitness abilities!
Because when I stop and think of it, you know, the truth is that I am very very very lucky to have these abilities to just – live!
Thank you thank you thank you!

With all my heart, thank you for my compassion
Because I so want to be a more and more and even more compassionate person, and I am pretty much so. Always growing…
Thank you thank you thank you!

I am so incredibly fortunate and lucky and grateful for all my safety.
Because every day of safety has been and is a gift. I appreciate.
Thank you thank you thank you!

I am so incredibly fortunate and lucky and grateful for all this good food.
Because I not only don’t have to worry about starving, but I actually struggle with overeating. What a “problem” to have. I have access to healthy foods and am very very grateful for that! And am eating better and better!
Thank you thank you thank you!

Thank you thank you thank you!



2. Remember The magic by counting the blessings of yesterday and writing them down. Ask yourself the question: What are the good things that happened yesterday? Scan the surface of yesterday until you feel satisfied that you’ve remembered and written down all the blessings of the day.

1.      I wore, comfortably, all day, a pair of pants I couldn’t come near zipping up last week!
2.      A boy volunteered to lead “the breathing game” while I’m out at professional development this morning!
3.      I typed for him. Showed him. He liked.
4.      I made a copy for sub in case he loses his lol
5.      He decided to take it home to practice, the little doll! (I wish I could be there to hear him do it : )
6.      He said wants to use the bell.
7.      M called last night
8.      I slept a LOT. Really needed it.
9.      Safe day
10.   Good eating
11.   Leg started getting better
12.   Read some of the book I have to finish by next week.
13.   Birds good
14.   Car good
15.   Kids adorable.
16.   Left desk perfectly neat. Again.
17.   Did GREAT sub plans.
Thank you thank you thank you!

Thank you thank you thank you!

2 comments:

  1. Hi Hon. I've thought of you much the last couple of weeks because I went to London (and remembered your amazing trip) and Paris (and wished I had taken the French lessons you've been so diligent with). It was an amazing trip. Glad to see you well. Love.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh my gosh, I am so happy for you!!!!!! I'm hoping to go to France within a year or two! I am so glad you had an amazing trip! I love you!

    ReplyDelete