Tuesday, September 2, 2014

The Magic Sept 2


Sept 2

Count your blessings. Make a list of ten blessings. Write why you’re grateful. Reread your list, and at the end of each blessing say thank you, thank you, thank you, and feel as grateful for that blessing as you can.

I am truly blessed to have my arm muscles developing noticeably now
Because I FEEL the strength ALWAYS and I can SEE them now too!
Thank you tbank you thank you!

I am so happy and grateful for this: Being nervous about first day of school today, I am aware how fortunate I am to be going there. For many reasons. One reason is:
because I am healthy enough to work and to do good work.
Thank you thank you thank you!

I am truly grateful for my having a car to get me there!
Because I remember when I didn’t.
Thank you thank you thank you!

With all my heart, thank you for my having put gas in the car yesterday.
Because I don’t have to rush and start this morning.
Thank you thank you thank you!                                                                                                

I am truly blessed to have that job, which helps me afford all
Because it is a fair salary as this profession goes, and I have worked and still work hard for it and it is fair both ways.
Thank you thank you thank you!

I am so happy and grateful for my beautiful classroom. It is hot as hell but it is pretty.
Because I am lucky to look around and see nice environment all day. And my kids get to too.
Thank you thank you thank you!

I am truly grateful for getting the new boy who just moved here from across the world 2 ½ days ago,
because I am great with those kids!
Thank you thank you thank you!

With all my heart, thank you for the piano in my classroom!
Because I can practice at lunch etc for ME. AND I get to play for THEM. AND we get to SING with it too! AND – it makes parents feel good. I don’t mean that part for me, but for them as they pay high taxes and I think it comforts them that they are getting special things… Good.
Thank you thank you thank you!

I am so incredibly fortunate and lucky and grateful for fridge and microwave in classroom.
Because fridge cause shared one smells of meat. Mine is little and mine. I paid for it. And microwave cause I leave it unplugged all the time except the maybe 6 minutes a month it is in use. But it’s really nice for hot tea or stew type foods on those days when… : )
Thank you thank you thank you!

I am so incredibly fortunate and lucky and grateful for my principal
Because she cares about KIDS. And she seems to “get” ME. And she smiles so MUCH.
Thank you thank you thank you!

Thank you SO MUCH for the book The Magic. Which has been and is helping me SO MUCH!
Thank you thank you thank you!!

Thank you thank you thank you!


2. Remember The magic by counting the blessings of yesterday and writing them down. Ask yourself the question: What are the good things that happened yesterday? Scan the surface of yesterday until you feel satisfied that you’ve remembered and written down all the blessings of the day.

1.     I could REALLY see my muscles in my arms. Yay!
2.     HARD exercise yesterday. But I got through!
3.     Good chats with mother. She sounded and said was better than day before
4.     Good chats with A.
5.     Finished Gone Girl. Not literary masterpiece! But loved that book. Page-turner. Could not guess what was coming. Kept trying. I love that.
6.     I had good day.
7.     Went out a bit.
8.     Put gas in car.
9.     Made the pasta bake dish.
10.  Have enough dinners for the week. Phew.
11.  Did laundry. Phew. All done.
12.  Mavic rock practice.
13.  Read some more of the Queen Victoria book too
14.  Some Chopin
15.  Slept.
16.  GREAT interesting dream
17.  Not much use of a/c this year. Not much has been needed. But had it yesterday. And appreciate!
Thank you thank you thank you!

Thank you thank you thank you!

No comments:

Post a Comment