Thursday, September 4, 2014

The Magic Sept 3 and 4


Sept 3

Count your blessings. Make a list of ten blessings. Write why you’re grateful. Reread your list, and at the end of each blessing say thank you, thank you, thank you, and feel as grateful for that blessing as you can.

I am truly blessed to have that sweet class.
Because I met them yesterday and I love them already. Very sweet. Seems sweet parents too.
Thank you thank you thank you!

I am so happy and grateful for M’s call just now. Saying do NOT drive in those awful conditions like last year. And that she wants to give me a key to her house (which is under 2 miles from school and a flat drive). And to leave a packed bag there. And – and this is HUGE because she hates having animals around – that I should drop th birds off when there is talk of bad weather and they will be with me there after school.
Because that kind of love is so meaningful. And although I think I wouldn’t bring the birds, I might take her up on it in terms of the icy drive days. They were treacherous and terrifying last year, 2 of them!
Thank you thank you thank you!

I am truly grateful for innocence.
Because I had thought I’d preferred 3rd grade to 2nd. 3rd graders are innocent too, of course, but there is a big difference. Primary – 2nds – are really babies. Still magical thinking. Still thing “stupid” is a curse word. Still totally untouched by the harsher realities of the world. I love being around them.
Thank you thank you thank you!

With all my heart, thank you for my desk being 100% totally clear.
Because it is very zen feeling to me. I love it! And I want to keep it this way!
Thank you thank you thank you!                                                                                                       

I am truly blessed to have my sweet dear birds
Because they are bubbles of joy in the house.
Thank you thank you thank you!

I am so happy and grateful for surprising my mother with an extra visit yesterday
Because these make her feel happy.
Thank you thank you thank you!

I am truly grateful for sleep
Because I am SO tired beg. of school year oh my gosh, and I DO sleep thank goodness!
Thank you thank you thank you!

With all my heart, thank you for the fact that I am reading 6 books right now.
Because I like to do that, and couldn’t read at ALL for a while when so distraught. It’s like I am coming – back – and better.
Oh, thank you thank you thank you!

Oh boy – ran out of time – here is the rest as of now, Sept 4

I am so incredibly fortunate and lucky and grateful for this class,
because I think they’re sweet.
Thank you tank you thank you!

I am so incredibly fortunate and lucky and grateful for sleep and dreams
Because restorative AND interesting. I am so grateful that I sleep and that I now like to sleep. In the bed.
Thank you thank you thank you!

Thank you thank you thank you!


2. Remember The magic by counting the blessings of yesterday and writing them down. Ask yourself the question: What are the good things that happened yesterday? Scan the surface of yesterday until you feel satisfied that you’ve remembered and written down all the blessings of the day.

1.      Two great visits with my mother
2.      Good first days with kids
3.      Good lunches
4.      Nice chat with Ca
5.      Will met her today and we WILL bang out that paper
6.      Reading 6 books now. Happy to be, as that used to be mover my style…
7.      Friend posted this: : If you correct your mind, the rest of your life will fall into place. Stop leaving, and you will arrive. Stop searching, and you will see. Stop running away, and you will be found. --Lao Tzu
8.      My healthy stew
9.      Hot coffee in the mornings
10.   Keep staying after and making sure my desk is clear. I love my clear desk
11.   Another teacher asked me to do the breathing game with her class
12.   Another friend posted this, and I love it: “In the depth of winter, I finally learned that within me there lay an invincible summer.” ― Albert Camus
“Au milieu de l'hiver, j'apprenais enfin qu'il y avait en moi un été invincible.”
― Albert Camus, Noces / L'Eté
13.   My health is here
14.   All my senses were working
15.   The bad aide is never coming back to my mother’s
16.   I am doing the right thing regarding my mother’s care
17.   Lovely woman in my room who has to be there for a kid’s medical needs. I am so glad she is dignified and quiet as that is the tone I like to set in my room.
18.   My new book The Romanov Sisters
19.   Friendly coworkers phew
20.   Help with laptop yesterday yay
21.   My birds! I love my boys!
22.   That my mother, at almost 89 years old, still understands complicated things about human nature.
23.   This thought: What are you doing today to make it GREAT?
Thank you thank you thank you!

Thank you thank you thank you!

No comments:

Post a Comment