Thursday, September 11, 2014

The Magic Sept. 11


Sept. 11

Count your blessings. Make a list of ten blessings. Write why you’re grateful. Reread your list, and at the end of each blessing say thank you, thank you, thank you, and feel as grateful for that blessing as you can.

I am truly blessed to have gone to my mother’s no matter how tired and concerned about getting exercise in I was
Because it is her birthday after all!
Thank you thank you thank you!

I am so happy and grateful for calling J and asking if he wanted me to put his name on the gift
Because he said yes!
Thank you thank you thank you!
(and offered to pay half)

I am truly grateful for M,
Because she keeps my mother happy as well as healthy, and really gets things done, half a week every week.
Thank you thank you thank you!

With all my heart, thank you for having cooked and done laundry on Sunday, and doing so every week now.
Because I literally wouldn’t do it during the week – too tired! And here, every day, I have what I need! To keep me on track and ready in every way.
Thank you thank you thank you!                                                                                                       

I am truly blessed to have the realization of how much the little ones love to laugh at little things
Because 1. They are so innocent and 2. It gives me the opportunity to find more little things for our laughter.
Thank you thank you thank you!

I am so happy and grateful for their big wide eyes when I put out the tons of huge colored paper for choosing.
Because it brought them happiness.
Thank you thank you thank you!

I am truly grateful for weather reports
Because they help me dress, and know whether to bring an umbrella,…
Thank you thank you thank you!

With all my heart, thank you for every freedom and safety I enjoy today.
Because I am very fortunate.
Thank you thank you thank you!

I am so incredibly fortunate and lucky and grateful for enough money for life.
Because I have food, clothing and shelter. And more. This is huge.
Thank you thank you thank you!

I am so incredibly fortunate and lucky and grateful for sleep
Because my job is  very demanding and tiring and I literally couldn’t do it if I didn’t have sleep! I remember when I didn’t.
Thank you thank you thank you!

Thank you thank you thank you!


2. Remember The magic by counting the blessings of yesterday and writing them down. Ask yourself the question: What are the good things that happened yesterday? Scan the surface of yesterday until you feel satisfied that you’ve remembered and written down all the blessings of the day.

1.      Great visit with mother for her birthday
2.      Nice chat with D
3.      Was not upset though didn’t see A all day and thought BIG change
4.      Gave kids GREAT day!
5.      My students are so innocent. So – their real age. : )
6.      I was SURE I would skip exercise. But I didn’t! I did it and I did it strong! At 6pm!
7.      I was sure I would eat badly (you know, “just this once”) but I DIDN’T! I ate PERFECTLY!
8.      I slept
9.      After Magic Rock Practice
10.   I had good interesting dreams
11.   I am loving my book (s)
12.   I heard from L, who wants to meet me at a local museum (as a friend, and with another friend, who is married).

No comments:

Post a Comment