Saturday, November 24, 2012

I have broken up with him for good. And here's why.

Here's how. Yesterday I got out of lawyer early. Could have met him downtown. He was already in his selfish mode getting ready to see the friends. Didn't even pick up on what I said. Then said to me, after refusing to come here for Thanksgiving and I have found out that he said to his friends, that it would be too boring with my mother! He, who took his mother EVERYWHERE these people went, for YEARS! To me, he denies saying it. I know he did. His friend yelled at him for it. He said to me, "THIS will be my THANKSGIVING CELEBRATION!' I said, "Ouch." Because he'd told ME he doesn't care about or DO anything about Thanksgiving. So he changed his tone, got really mad, and said, "Oh! You don't WANT me to have fun?!" I went home and wrote him a break-up letter. And I meant it. He didn't answer. 6 hours went by. I spoke with 3 people who are his friends, but now mine too. I found out that he used to always want to take walks with another woman, since me, and did once and didn't tell me. AND that LAST WEEK there was a party and he went to it, did not invite me, and lied to me about where he was! With their permission, I called him. He was like an insane person. "I did that to protect you!" Me: From what? You've gone to other parties I couldn't attend because I was an hour away and go to bed early and work the next day. I was never hurt. I always said have fun! And you'd send me pictures! Him: I didn't want you hurt because you weren't invited. Me: I WAS invited by them. Just not by you. Him: I didn't want you hurt. Me: Why would I be hurt? I never was before! Him: But what if you would have been this time? I was protected you. Me: No. You lied because this time I was off the next day, and you were afraid I'd want to come. Him: What an interpretation. Who are these people who are your enemies and mine? Me: I have only one enemy. You. The liar./ He went from saying it's all fictitious. To saying they are our enemies - over and over. To saying I'm interpreting. To saying he was protecting me. I swear, he sounded crazy./ I asked why he didn't respond to the fact that I broke up with him. He said because he was out with his friends. I said but you're out with your friends now, and now that YOUR feelings are involved, I have hung up on you and you have called back TEN times! So I wrote this: "You had NO compassion for how I was suffering and broke up with you today. (You also had no compassion to answer me this morning although I pleaded with you for an answer). I suffered for hours and hours and hours. But you were out with your friends and so I was inconvenient and unimportant.But the minute YOU felt insulted, you called over and over and over again. Suddenly, I was not too inconvenient. Because it was about YOU.L, either you are the worst liar ever, or you are insane. You are STILL deflecting - that it's fictitious ... on and on. Oh, L. You have hurt me SO MUCH. But I'm still luckier than you. At least I can live with myself. Without delusions and denial and lies. You do not have ONE clean honest relationship that I know of. Wow." He wrote back, "Dear..... Pleasr let us discuss this later. I feel terrible about your hurt. I am hurt too. Let us not do tbis to each other. I am very.sorry.for what happened. Love, L So I answered, and I'm proud of it: "Of course, Dear! Not now - while you are out with your friends, and have something else to do - but later, when you are lonely - THAT'S when you pick up the throwaway girl. No!" Later I sent him this, and this is the last time I intend to communicate with him EVER.Rod Stewart - Reason To Believe - 45 RPM Play video Original Mercury Records #73224 Debut 7/17/1971 Peaked at #62 on the Billboard Hot 100 Chart. This was the original "A-Side" that was meant to be the bigger hit. The flip side is "Maggie… 00:04:43 Added on 6/21/10 36,158 views L, please. Please. I have loved you for a good long time now. I am hurting so much. Please, L. Listen to this. And then maybe you will be kind enough to let me work on healing. Thank you. Lynn http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GSsO3DDRrxc He wrote back a couple of times: " I couldn't call you. It's too hard on the road." (Except he DID - TEN times when it suited HIM). And "I'm sorry this happened." And "I love you just the same." And "I'm home now. Call if you're up." I have not answered and am not. I'm finished. I am sad because there were many nice components to this relationship. And because I trusted him. And because I don't want to be alone and I also don't want to start over. But I swear, and I didn't put this in one of my earlier emails to him: that he is either the biggest liar ever, or he is insane. I think now, that he is just crazy. Sweet and means well but much childhood damage, which he has repressed and does not face at all. I am sad for him. I care for him. But I WILL NOT see him again. And although I am sad, which I think is normal, I feel cleaner somehow too. Like a dark cloud is lifting away.

No comments:

Post a Comment