Thursday, November 29, 2012

My 100 Gratitudes Today

I am grateful: 1. From today’s Touchstone: :In our daily lives we often take a very short perspective. We see what is worrisome today, what is pressing hardest, or what is most frightening or confusing. Eventually, we may look back and have a totally different idea about what was truly important on this day.” 2. And, “Let us take a moment now to remember what does endure, what we value most, what counts in the long run.” 3. And this, “For a brief quiet time we can let go of all the anxieties of this moment.” 4. And, “During these few quiet moments, we will identify our tensions and then place them totally into the hands of our Higher Power. This is our time to let go of our worries and be refreshed. It will provide a background of serenity for our day.” 5. And this, “Today, help me remember this corner of serenity as I meet the tasks and activities on my path.” 6. I am grateful that my bowels work. 7. And my bladder 8. And my stomach 9. And my liver 10. And my kidneys 11. And my lungs 12. And my heart, my precious heart 13. And my hands 14. And my eyes 15. And my ears 16. And my larynyx 17. And my immune system 18. And my brain 19. Email 20. This laptop 21. My Nook 22. My book group 23. I’m about to get back around 200 dollars in the mail in a check. (Long, work-related story). 24. My mother’s days now. So good. 25. My honesty. 26. My humor. I saw it yesterday! I saw what it is that people refer to! 27. Doggie gonna be spending weekends here soon! 28. That I’m not speaking to him anymore. I’m very sad that this all happened. But I didn’t do it. And I’m glad I have finally made that break. His actions have “forced” me to, if I’m to have any self-respect at all. 29. That I went to England. 30. And loved it. 31. And went by myself. 32. And traveled on the tube. 33. And was fine. 34. That since last March, I have been in tunnels 35. And on bridges. So glad got past those phobias enough to do those things. 36. And on subways (though not alone). 37. That the 3 friends and more, of L’s seem to know who I am 38. And love me 39. And that I’m not going to keep in touch with them either. There is too much craziness in that group. 40. That my dr. agrees 41. That my dr. did come for session yesterday 42. That I am beginning to accept that I can’t ever get it through to L. oh well 43. I will probably go out with someone(s) else again. I feel like I can never trust again. But then, last year I felt like I could never kiss again. So who knows? 44. That I have a washing machine 45. And a dryer 46. And a tv 47. And electricity 48. And a fridge 49. And a humidifier 50. That I can play piano 51. My friends. Including of course MA 52. And O 53. And M 54. And St 55. That I gave my mother such a great Thanksgiving 56. And that I gave myself that too 57. *I * gave it! 58. That I enjoy singing. 59. That I’m not a bigot 60. That I’m not violent 61. That I help children 62. That I am smart (enough) 63. That I am employed 64. That I do a good job 65. The father I had. So good. So good. 66. All the care my dr has given me 67. J. All the times with J. 68. That I HAVE lived through such sadnesses. I have lived. 69. Honest people. 70. The magical way I felt about myself last spring. 71. And that there’s no reason I can’t feel that way again, maybe. 72. That I type so well and so quickly 73. And that people t work know it 74. That I do get sleep. I know many people struggle, unable to sleep. And I used to. So I am grateful that I do get sleep now 75. That I have shelter 76. And clothes. Not enough and not nice enough but I have clothing. 77. That my sleep number bed seems to finally be working again. No horrible dip in the middle 78. And I actually have a heated mattress pad 79. That I have the name and phone number of MA’s handyman 80. I am grateful for my breath. That I can breathe on my own 81. And for access to fresh, clean water 82. And vegetables 83. And fruits 84. And grains 85. And protein 86. That I filled my car yesterday. And afterwards I found out that station is closed today. So extra glad. 87. We’ll see what happens, but I don’t expect any big problems at conferences today. 88. The smiles of my students 89. And that I cause so many of them 90. That with all this stress right now, at least I have such a good class. 91. Even that I have a job. 92. And a checkbook 93. And a credit card 94. That I took a bath yesterday morning. It was a nice hot bath and I liked it. 95. That M loves me as she does. 96. The big deep breath I just had. 97. That my kids are LOVING the book, Be a Perfect Person in Just Three Days 98. Broccoli in garlic sauce. (Thai) 99. Potatoes and peppers and onion in peanut curry sauce (Thai) 100. YOU. Thank you.

No comments:

Post a Comment