Saturday, November 24, 2012

My 100 Gratitudes Today

I am grateful: 1. That I am off from work today. 2. That I have a tv. I want the cable wires fixed, but at least I have one! : ) 3. That I enjoyed my breakfast. There are people who are starving, and here I’ve had not only sustenance, but I enjoyed my meal. Wow. 4. That I can read. 5. That I have already (6:42 am) practiced Schubert on the piano today. Badly! Because of emotions, but I HAVE that! 6. That L. did send me a loving and honest answer email. I’m afraid it’s what I feared. But I appreciate that he sent it. 7. I am grateful that I can breathe on my own. 8. And just made hazelnut coffee. Fresh. Gonna go get a cup now. 9. AND NOW IT IS SATURDAY. Wow. So much has changed. But I am grateful! For today’s readings. Which are so right for me right now! 10. I am grateful that I gave my mother such a wonderful Thanksgiving! 11. And that she is SO MUCH better since coming home this time. 12. And that she let me know how she loved Thanksgiving with me. 13. And that L was NOT here. With all that has happened, and that I have really broken up with him, I’m glad he was not an interference in our Thanksgiving. That we had that special day together, my mother and me. And did NOT share it with HIM! 14. Grateful that S and Jo have invited me to dinner tonight. 15. And that M has invited me to breakfast. I don’t know that I’ll go to either, but I’m grateful for both invitations! 16. Grateful for Schubert 17. And Mendelssohn 18. And my piano 19. And O, who has taught me so much. About playing, but also about how it helps LIFE! 20. For my parents paying for all those lessons. 21. And encouraging me so. 22. This sentence, from today’s Touchstones: “First our behavior change, then our self-esteem improved.” May I treat myself with great self-respect, starting today! 23. Really think now – what am I grateful for today: My breath. That I can breathe on my own 24. And that I can see! 25. Good doctors 26. My hands 27. That I type so well 28. And so quickly 29. And enjoy it so much 30. And play piano 31. This blog 32. Everyone who reads it. Ever 33. The Internet 34. Phones 35. Cell phones 36. My Nook 37. My piano 38. My little house 39. Every minute of happiness I’ve ever had. 40. That despite my sadness, my breath is going much more deeply now. 41. Sitcoms 42. Books 43. Chopin 44. Bach 45. Scarlatti 46. My successes in piano 47. My successes as a student 48. My successes as a teacher 49. People who respect me 50. People who are honest 51. There is no war on my street 52. I have water. Plenty of water 53. And vegan food 54. And organic foods, even! 55. Celery 56. Wood floors 57. Electricity. Remember those right-after-storm days. I have electricity today 58. And even a heated mattress pad! 59. That I did not waste money on an iPad too. I almost did. But I really don’t need one! 60. So I’m even grateful that they didn’t have it that day! Or I might have bought it! 61. My sofas, one in l.r. and one in den. 62. And my loveseat 63. And my wing chair. That I can actually remember from when I was 3 years old! Because it was my mother’s. 64. My fireplace. 65. That I am honest. 66. And self-honest. 67. And keep confidences 68. God 69. Thich Nhat Hanh 70. Li 71. MA 72. ML 73. S 74. St 75. O 76. M 77. JJ 78. EJ 79. Birdie 80. That I am in contact with people in other countries 81. That I went to England! 82. By myself! 83. And LOVED it! 84. And I may go to Russia next summer with O! 85. And I’m considering going to France by myself too. 86. That I can write 87. And read 88. And speak. I remember those 8 months when I had no voice. 89. That I am a vegan 90. And a Buddhist 91. That Buddhism has no rules 92. That I am open-minded. About race, religion, politics, eating, … 93. “My” oak tree 94. Sweetheart little doggie. She is with J now, but oh, I do love her! 95. Oooh –oooh – and now that I’m not seeing shit-boy, I can take her here for weekends!!!!! Yaaaaay! 96. Beaches 97. The park right near me. I can walk to it! 98. “Swimming.” I stink at it but I love it! 99. That conversation autistic little Ji had with me. 100. And that I have the drawing she gave me at that time. 101. And a frame in which to put it! 102. That I DID get to (over) 100 today! Yay!

No comments:

Post a Comment