Thursday, November 22, 2012

My One Hundred Gratitudes Today

I am grateful: 1. This thought, from yesterday’s Food for Thought: When we are committed to abstinence, we have a rock like foundation for our eating habits, which no shifting mood can destroy. 2. That I sent L an email. I’ll post it here. It was time I stick up for myself. 3. That my mother is alive 4. And coming here today 5. And I have some nice things for us! Including crackers with veg pepperoni and veg cheese 6. And celery 7. And healthy chips (she loves) 8. And veg dip (she loves) 9. And apple cider (she doesn’t drink wine) 10. And wine for me : ) 11. And butternut squash soup (I bought it, not made it) 12. And fresh parsley to garnish 13. And beautiful salad 14. And organic garlic bread 15. And vegan lasagna that tastes like pesto – yum and healthy 16. And I made it! 17. And vegan ice cream 18. And fruits – including seedless grapes, which she loves! 19. And chestnuts! 20. And a great decaf drink 21. And teas 22. And coffee 23. MAYBE we’ll make brownies together! 24. Or spanakopita (not for today – just for fun) 25. And maybe I’ll serve all that food as TWO meals, like a lunch and a dinner 26. And most of it is organic 27. I’m grateful that I’ve been enjoying my jigsaw puzzle 28. And that I will get to knit and watch tv later (after I bring her home) 29. And that tomorrow morning I will pay all our bills 30. And for my new idea of a system for paying all her people – oy 31. And I have that lawyer appointment tomorrow. Hopefully that moves along quickly as this whole aides situation is making us poor! 32. I am grateful that I sent a loving card to Ma about her son who passed away 33. And that I HAVE met some nice people through L 34. And that M told me yester day that it would probably hurt L if S and Jo came here today 35. And that I therefore cancelled them. 36. And based on his reaction, I was right! 37. And that I DO have this strength of keeping issues separate. (So my disappointment in the way he is treating me lately is SEPARATE and DIFFERENT from my desire to not hurt him) 38. And that people have commented on my ability to separate issues. I like this quality in me. 39. Comedies 40. That I’m slowly but surely losing weight 41. Hope 42. Not in absolute misery and abject desperation 43. My fireplace 44. Scrabble 45. Keeping my house in better order 46. Those wonderful students of mine 47. The ones (and so many!) who are happily working on high level math! 48. That I will help them become MUCH better writers 49. The professional development I receive : ) 50. That I do keep improving, even though I am a great teacher to begin with 51. That I play piano 52. That I am making a PROMISE to myself to MAKE THE TIME to do the things for myself that I need to do! 53. That although I will be VERY SAD if L and I break up, I am WILLING, in order to be in a GOOD relationship (someday). 54. And to take care of MYSELF. 55. I am grateful that I could afford all this food for Thanksgiving today 56. And that I don’t feel terribly pressured about it 57. And that I am “doing the next right thing,” by my mother 58. That I can type 59. And so quickly 60. And enjoy it so much! 61. My piano. 62. And that I paid for it myself 63. And still love it 64. My humidifier 65. And that it helps my piano! 66. MA 67. ML 68. S 69. St 70. O 71. M 72. L 73. Li 74. S 75. Jo 76. J 77. Doggie 78. All doggies 79. Sanctuaries! 80. People who save innocent suffering animals! 81. People who don’t hurt animals! 82. That I am a vegan. 83. And that I do not try to force my beliefs onto anyone else 84. My little cheap but good enough stereo 85. EJ 86. JJ 87. Birdie 88. Mrs. T 89. My principal 90. My darling little dog from years ago 91. Every dog with whom I’ve ever shared my life 92. Therapy 93. Eyedrops 94. Depression/anxiety medication, the little that I take 95. And that it really does help me. 96. Good books 97. My Nook 98. Myers-Briggs 99. Exercise opportunities 100. My red oak floors.

No comments:

Post a Comment