Wednesday, November 21, 2012

My 100 Gratitudes Today

I am grateful: I am miserable today. And I think that it is even all the MORE important to look at some I have, to be grateful for. 1. I have friends 2. I have people who love me. 3. I am able to face the tough issues. 4. I can breathe on my own. 5. My heart beats 6. I can swallow 7. I can walk 8. My liver is healthy 9. My kidneys are healthy 10. My blood is good 11. I can see 12. I can hear 13. I can taste 14. I can smell 15. I can feel 16. I can speak. I remember when I had those 4 physical conditions, and I couldn’t 17. I can drive. Wow. So many things I can do. 18. I can read 19. I can write 20. I can think 21. I can type 22. I can carry groceries 23. I HAVE groceries 24. I can exercise 25. I have malls near me 26. Outdoor AND indoor 27. And parks. Nature 28. And beaches. Wow. 29. I have dirt roads near me 30. And highways and parkways 31. I have a house 32. I have a driveway 33. I have outdoor furniture for summer 34. I have a fireplace 35. I can teach 36. I have a job. With a salary 37. I have a kitchen 38. Indoor plumbing 39. A bathroom 40. I have not only a living room, but a den 41. And a bedroom, with a bed 42. And dressers 43. And a jewelry armoir. My God, really, how much does a person need? 44. My car runs fine 45. I have gas in it 46. I am comfortable here 47. I have jigsaw puzzles 48. And Scrabble 49. And Boggle 50. And Pyramid 51. I have the ingredients for a great vegan spanakopita 52. And a vegan lasagna already made 53. The Dali Lama 54. Thich Nhat Hanh 55. I have a desk 56. And one at work too 57. All the help J ever gave me 58. I have eyelashes (Yes, I’m really grateful – they protect my eyes) 59. And fingernails and toenails (same kind of reason) 60. I have lamps 61. And electricity 62. I don’t eat animals 63. I have skin that is healthy (I’m not talking about looks, but health) 64. I have this blog. Thank God. 65. And YOU. 66. JJ 67. EJ 68. Birdie 69. Mrs. T 70. Communication with people in other countries. 71. Doing these in a row today, instead of back and forth, really feels like it is helping me more. 72. I have the greatest class ever. Honestly. 73. I have had sex in my life. 74. Great sex. 75. Loving sex. 76. Hand cream 77. Vegan soap 78. Medicines when I need them 79. My eyedrops. They are so expensive. I am so grateful that I have them. 80. I have enough muscle to carry me around. 81. Our school is on beautiful grounds. Not a square piece of blacktop surrounded by fence, and kids trying to play on the little space on the other side of the cars, like some places I’ve worked 82. I have trees. Right here on my property 83. And bamboo! 84. And my sweet calm little sunroom 85. With plants in it. 86. My “Christmas cactus” plants are blooming 87. MA has hooked me up with a handyman she’s trusted for year. Phew. Big phew. 88. I am strong enough, physically and mentally and emotionally and spiritually, to do my job. 89. I am so happy that 3 people are coming here tomorrow! My first Thanksgiving. Or at least my first one in decades. And certainly my first one I’m doing ALONE. 90. That every time I step outside of my comfort zone, my comfort zone expands. 91. The day I heard that phrase at the Indian event. 92. That there will be more of those. 93. I have nice hair 94. And warm, expressive eyes 95. And a pretty smile 96. And good feet 97. And pretty skin (now I am talking about looks not health: ) 98. Beautiful photographs of nature 99. And of children 100. All the times I have walked in the woods with J, and with doggie off-leash

1 comment: