Wednesday, November 28, 2012

My 100 Gratitudes Today

I am grateful: Hard. But I AM~ 1. MA 2. Her handyman, whom I will call soon 3. My floors 4. The love I’ve had in my life Every word of today’s Language of Letting Go. Here they are again: "for most this amazing day . . . . . . for everything which is natural which is infinite which is yes." e.e. cummings Let us be thankful today for all simple obvious things: for the sun's rising this morning without our having to awaken it; for another good turn the earth makes today without expecting anything in return; for our ability to know right and wrong by heart. Let us give thanks for all small things that mean the world to us; for bread and cheese and clean running water; for our ability to call our enemies our friends, to forgive even ourselves; for our own bodies, however sagging and worn, which insist on continuing for at least another day. How much ordinary daily good do I take for granted? 5. My breath. So grateful for my breath 6. And that my piano practicing has been going better. 7. I just bought myself 24 dollar earrings (online) for Christmas present to self! 8. The opportunity to eat so many vegetables and fruits; may I take it. 9. Toast 10. Water 11. Coffee 12. GMO free soy milk 13. Spinach 14. Collards 15. Broccoli 16. Artichokes! 17. Honest people 18. Children 19. This particular class of sweeties 20. My side of my Sleep Number Select Comfort bed last night worked! Yay! After so long! So comfortable! 21. Heat 22. Electricity 23. Water. Water to drink. Water for washing self. Water for washing dishes. Water for washing clothes. Water even for swimming. 24. My dr. should (finally) come today! : ) *I * had to cancel LAST week. 25. ***I might get doggie in a wee and a half, for the whole weekend! Yay! L shouldn’t be here and I shouldn’t be there, so I should have enough time at home to have her here! 26. I am SO EXCITED that I can BE so excited about something that is NOT a man!!!! 27. That I own my piano 28. That I have a new book to read (for the class). It is not necessarily one I would pick (!) (The Language of Flowers by Vanessa Diffenbaugh), it will (hopefully) keep my mind busy. 29. Onions 30. My ability to walk 31. That I can see 32. That I can speak 33. My oak tree 34. Lessons I’ve learned from indigenous people 35. And from eastern thought 36. And western too 37. That I was in England!!!!! 38. K.D. I like her very much and am so glad she got the job. 39. I have had two or three fires in my fireplace this year. Haven’t done that in Years! Well, did now! 40. O said, “You loved J with your whole heart for 28 years. You got over HIM – you’ll get over THIS!” Good 41. That I do like teaching math. Years aggo I thought I wouldn’t. 42. Salad 43. Blankets 44. Sheets 45. Pillows 46. Pillow cases 47. Mattress 48. Dressers 49. Closet (TINY, but I do love it). 50. That I can write 51. And read 52. My Nook 53. Hard copy print books too 54. That I gave my kiddies nice Centers yesterday. 55. I have some nice things planned for them today too. 56. Birds. Their look. Their song. Their flight. 57. My eyeglasses. That I have them. 58. That wine does not give me a headache. 59. And – that I do not need it! Yay. 60. My mother 61. M and her love for me 62. The plans I have for this weekend. 63. And that neither involve L. 64. Photos 65. My iPhone’s camera 66. Legos. For the kiddies 67. Beautiful whimsical jigsaw puzzles. For me. 68. Exercise. Walking. Malls. May I do more! : ) 69. No storm today 70. Exercise bands 71. And exercise DVDs 72. Comedies 73. Bookshelves 74. Painted walls 75. Walls at all 76. My beautiful beautiful school. 77. And that I can see so much nature as I sit and walk about it 78. That I do not have pneumonia. I have had it – it’s not fun. 79. That I don’t (any longer) smoke. 80. That I am DOING these gratitudes! 81. That I have so many. 82. My new friendship with Jo. 83. My lamp that I picked out, paid for, and bought for myself by myself. The one with the stones in it. Like river stones. 84. Thich Nhat Hanh 85. My ability to meditate (I should do it more!) 86. This blog 87. Everyone who reads it. 88. Dresses 89. Skirts 90. Pants 91. Undies 92. Socks 93. Stockings 94. Shoes 95. My little jacket – now I need a winter coat : ) 96. Boots 97. Slacks 98. Tops 99. My hair 100. A little makeup

No comments:

Post a Comment