Monday, June 17, 2013

My 100 Gratitudes Today

I am grateful:

1. My birds
2. My tv
3. My cable
4. My new channel, The Science Channel
5. The woman on the phone helping me with my broken cable box
6. The show Wormhole was kind of interesting. (Although I thought one experiment interpretation faulty)
7. And it wasn’t a repeat sitcom (for a change lol)
8. I am grateful for the peaceful time I had this morning after resetting the alarm ( I need more sleeeeep lol)
9. Leo Buscaglia
10. That the cable WAS broken for a little bit. It was good for me to have a little less tv
11. Hope. Oh, I am so grateful for hope.
12. Living more in the moment and less in the future.
13. And even less in the past.
14. Music
15. Art
16. Paintings
17. My eyesight
18. And hearing
19. My fingers!
20. Garbage collection
21. My classroom
22. My piano in my classroom
23. My connection now, with my piano
24. And with piano period
25. The birds’ toys
26. Their song
27. Their communication
28. With each other AND with me
29. All that I did yesterday to help relieve A from his sadness
30. Not forgetting the day he helped me so much in mine.
31. Compassion
32. Lotus flowers
33. Puzzles.
34. The one about trying to name an animal without an a. AN animal? I can name so MANY! Bird, dog, fox, wolf, fish, gorilla, person, porcupine, shrimp lobster, oyster, heron, duck, turtle, pigeon, egret, monkey, donkey, horse, mouse, louse, fly, bee, squirrel, frog, dolphin, porpoise, collie, shih tzu, owl, signet, gosling, duckling, chicken, hen, turkey, deer, skunk
35. Exercise
36. This_____
37. This_____
38. This ____
39. Breakfast today
40. Coffe today
41. THESE kids
42. Laughter
43. Smiles
44. Giggles
45. Little boys in their “puppy cuts” – summer haircuts, so happy…
46. My typing
47. I practiced piano for 15 minutes this morning
48. “Too often we underestimate the power of a touch, a smile, a kind word, a listening ear, an honest compliment, or the smallest act of caring, all of which have the potential to turn a life around.”
Leo Buscaglia
49. “Love is always bestowed as a gift - freely, willingly and without expectation. We don't love to be loved; we love to love.”
Leo Buscaglia
50. “Love is life. And if you miss love, you miss life.”
Leo Buscaglia
51. “The fact that I can plant a seed and it becomes a flower, share a bit of knowledge and it becomes another's, smile at someone and receive a smile in return, are to me continual spiritual exercises.”
Leo Buscaglia
52. “I believe that you control your destiny, that you can be what you want to be. You can also stop and say, 'No, I won't do it, I won't behave his way anymore. I'm lonely and I need people around me, maybe I have to change my methods of behaving,' and then you do it.”
Leo Buscaglia
53. The cute little break we just had
54. The children’s book, “Zucchini”
55. That I have a copy J found for me (because it’s out of print)
56. And then our librarian gave me, a few!
57. “I still get wildly enthusiastic about little things... I play with leaves. I skip down the street and run against the wind.” Leo Buscaglia
58. “It is paradoxical that many educators and parents still differentiate between a time for learning and a time for play without seeing the vital connection between them.”
Leo Buscaglia
59. There was a fatal accident in my town yesterday. It is a reminder o fhow fortunate every safe trip is
60. No place is totally safe. I know that. But where I work is as safe as a place CAN be.
61. Two more: ‘Never idealize others. They will never live up to your expectations.’
Leo Buscaglia
62. And: ‘What we call the secret of happiness is no more a secret than our willingness to choose life.’
Leo Buscaglia
63. This____
64. My hearing
65. My peace after school today, sitting at my desk doing paper work
66. My piano practice going better
67. My birds are free early today
68. Their toys
69. M’s love for me. My friend. My true sister of the heart
70. Native poetry
71. This “Our goal should be to live life in radical amazement. ....get up in the morning and look at the world in a way that takes nothing for granted. Begin each day with a grateful Heart.
~ Abraham Joshua Heschel
72. "What have you done for YOURSELF this year to create a better life?" - Jack Canfield
73. The book “The Secret.”
74. I am grateful for helpful people
75. And for honest people
76. And for my talents
77. And for how meditative doing stitches feels to me
78. And for how meditative walking feels to me
79. And for walking meditation!
80. The way *I * use facebook. Not as way to see what people or doing, or saying they’re doing. Not as way to tell what I’m doing, or what I wish I were doing. But for: inspiration, nature, art, music, and Buddhism. It is like a daily inspiration book for me!
81. Watching the colors of my beautiful birds – so vivid and crisp in person
82. As the FLY right now
83. And so near
84. And so happy
85. That they puzzle things out so well. They are so smart
86. My students’ interest in them.
87. Every inch of my house and classroom and car that is clean. And there aren’t many lol. (For now!)
88. Growth and change.
89. Another safe ride. Home.
90. My phone
91. My cell phone too
92. My eyes. Yes MY eyes.
93. My pharmacy
94. That they deliver
95. Books
96. Authors
97. Publishers
98. Gift for T, that M and I did
99. Gift for A, that D and M and I did
100. I tried – again – about the V gift. And if she really doesn’t want, I give up: )

No comments:

Post a Comment