Friday, June 14, 2013

My 100 Gratitudes Today

For what am I really and truly grateful today?

1. That I am alive
2. That as of now I DO have enough money to live.
3. That I am a fair person
4. My best friend M
5. And MA so close for all these years. I love her much too
6. And O’s friendship which is both lighthearted and deep at once.
7. The bit of French that I do know
8. My breathing on my own. I am so grateful for that.
9. Indoor plumbing
10. Water. I’m grateful that I have enough water.
11. A cup of coffee in my hand
12. A play station/ activity center for my birds
13. Jewel took a bath last night!
14. I bought food, treats, and toys yesterday for them. Lucky lucky.
15. I am grateful FOR my birds
16. And for this particular class of students
17. I met my report card deadline
18. I am truly grateful that I can swallow.
19. I am grateful for chances
20. And new starts
21. And my looks, be they whatever they may
22. That our students have been safe.
23. I am grateful for motivational posts in the morning
24. God. God. God. God has given me strength this morning. I slept poorly: had trouble falling asleep and then nightmares when did, plus woke a number of times. Awakened this morning feeling terrible about myself, incapable, etc. But just 45 minutes later, I feel better. So much better. I will face whatever I have to. God made me. I am good enough. I am in the safety of His hands.
25. My wonderful work this Wednesday
26. Other people noticing it, commenting on it, and appreciating what I did for them, too.
27. Phone calls with friends
28. My healthy, active birds this morning
29. A weekend hours away, when I can do more with them AND they can be free a LOT. Yay.
30. This ______
31. I have never been shot
32. I have helped save or even saved, lives
33. I have educated children
34. I still do
35. I am grateful for trees. Blessed tress I lovce them
36. And my ability to communicate. To talk. To speak what’s in my heart and on my mind both
37. And to write
38. And to type
39. Blogs
40. Facebook inspirational posts
This “Color has got me. I no longer need to chase after it. It has got me for ever. I know it. That is the meaning of this happy hour.” - Paul Klee. ______
41. That I am not bigoted against any group. I didn’t grow up this way. I worked really hard and really long to help myself become this way.
42. Our superintendent of schools
43. I am grateful that I have a blanket.
44. And a pillow
45. And a bed.
46. And a room for it all
47. And 2 sofas
48. And a loveseat
49. And a park so nearby where I can walk other than on the sidewalks (to make up for all the sitting lol)
50. I am grateful for my education.
51. And that my parents paid for it
52. The gift I got from the student and her mom yesterday. So special. Not expensive – personally and professionally meaningful. I am thankful for it!
53. The book “The Secret Garden”
54. Safe drives. I’ve had so many!
55. That I have a car
56. And gas in it
57. And a driveway
58. Might get to see movie with M tomorrow night
59. That I have a piano in my classroom
60. Broccoli
61. Leafy greens
62. That I bought some kale yesterday. Fro me AND the birds
63. My healthy skin
64. My healthy tongue
65. My healthy neck
66. My healthy brain
67. My healthy liver
68. My healthy heart
69. My healthy lungs
70. My healthy kidneys
71. People who know me and like me
72. Decent people
73. My father
74. My mother’s love
75. And her innocence, bless her heart
76. J’s love all the years I had it
77. My ability to walk
78. All the walks I’ve had with J, and with doggie off-leash! Some of my favorite moments in life!
79. That I am remembering and becoming more aware – that he is not my savior. That no person is. That my problems were there before him and during him.
80. And that in some ways, I am better now
81. That in many ways, I feel younger than I am
82. Books
83. And my Nook too
84. The parents who appreciate me
85. The kids who are less frightened because of me
86. People who cure diseases
87. None GMO foods
88. Life
89. That I AM grateful for life. I remember when I prayed to die, poor thing. I do NOT feel that way now
90. Embroidery. I love doing it
91. That I HAVE interests. Boredom must be so much harder
92. The sounds of music
93. That I sing to my birdies
94. That they respond so beautifully
95. Trust. The trust Jewel particularly, has in e.
96. That they have each other
97. And toys
98. And a big flight cage
99. L’s friendship
100. A’s too.

No comments:

Post a Comment