Sunday, June 2, 2013

My 100 Gratitudes Today

I am grateful:

1. the word Namaste
2. the Connecticut win against GMOs yesterday!
3. Hearing from Kayleigh! Yay!
4. Talking on phone with M right now
5. Interesting dreams
6. J when I had him
7. Good skin
8. Laughter
9. Sitcoms
10. Piano
11. Water
12. Walking
13. Talking
14. Seeing
15. I am free
16. I have enough money to live
17. I don’t have a dread disease
18. My birdie baby boys
19. They are flying around right now
20. Car
21. House
22. a/c
23. fireplace
24. windows
25. wood floors
26. love of friends
27. M’s honesty with me
28. Millet for my birdies
29. Indian food
30. Flowers
31. Breeze
32. Cloud
33. Trees
34. My oak tree
35. Grass
36. My bamboo – as much of it as didn’t get destroyed
37. April 23. When I realized/decided…I really DO want to live.
38. O’s inspiration. Having changed. Become whole. Become a fuller person.
39. ***The day last week when I had an event at school. And I did well. And I actually FELT that - as much as I loved and do love J, that my life is better now and I can be more full now and it was hard then… it is hard to even REMEMBER those feelings now. But I KNOW I HAD them!!!! And that is GREAT!
40. My cousin Jo
41. I have clothes. Not a lot, not so nice, not expensive… but I have clothing with which to cover my body. Some people don’t
42. And I can afford my eye drops
43. And whatever medicines I need
44. And vegetables
45. And lentils
46. And grains
47. And fruits
48. And organic foods
49. And coffee
50. And non-dairy milks
51. And more
52. And I am now saving a little bit too
53. I am grateful that I have not been mistakenly arrested (or deservedly either…)
54. That I did not grow up in abject poverty
55. That I have not been in a concentration camp
56. That I am not a slave
57. That I did so well through my surgeries
58. And got over the pneumonias
59. And the lyme disease
60. And this winter’s illness
61. That in 3 weeks I will have summer
62. I can exercise 7 days a week!
63. I am very grateful for Chopin
64. And that I am playing SO MUCH BETTER than last year
65. I am SO GRATEFUL for my friends’ honesty! MA, M, O, A.
66. J. called. It has been two months. It was so nice to talk with him! I am so very grateful that he called.
67. And his trip to Hawaii was a business trip. I know if you are reading this you might think I shouldn’t be, but I am TRULY grateful for that!
68. My piano practice is SO MUCH BETTER than last year, which was so much better than the year before. Certainly not in 30 years have I had such improvement. And I DO know that this is because I have been sort of FORCED to grow.
69. And now that O is back with her husband B after having left FIVE YEARS ago(!), it gave me hope that – well – you never know.
70. Now A says don’t hope. Hope always leads to disappointment. But that is NOT my experience! I believe the OPPOSITE. Put the energy out there! M says hope. It is fine. Get through this day without depression. *** I am BUILDING MYSELF WHILE I hope. I am NOT hooking into the hope. I am using it as an impetus to build momentum. And I do think that’s okay. But I AM grateful for both friends’ outlooks.
71. I a little over a week, I might have coffee with him
72. I am not overeating today.
73. I didn’t think I did yesterday either
74. I am grateful for Rachmaninoff
75. And Mendelssohn
76. And Bach
77. And even Beethoven
78. And Scarlatti
79. And Villa Lobos
80. And my first piano teacher, Miss U
81. And My second one, Mrs. B
82. And my present one, my true friend O
83. I will go buy millet and maybe another treat for birds today. And seed and pellets. Well, and truth be told, maybe one toy uh oh lol.
84. I might well meet St for tea.
85. Good books
86. That I am literate
87. That I help others to be, also.
88. My tree moving a bit in a little breeze right now.
89. So many hours and hours free, my birds have!
90. And – they do NOT poop all over the house! They kind of hang out on the top of the cage or on the activity center, and then take little 5 second flights, 2 second flights, etc. So not a mess all over : )
91. I am happy I am good to them
92. And care about animals
93. And don’t eat them
94. My pretty toes right now all manicured. Finally. After so many months!
95. I will do laundry fot the coming week and be fine…
96. Indian food. I love it.
97. 3 coffees and some waters today
98. Color
99. Poetry
100. Paintings
101. Music

No comments:

Post a Comment