Thursday, June 13, 2013

My 100 Gratitudes Today

I am grateful:

1. I am grateful that it is nice weather today
2. I am grateful that the lawyer and I laughed yesterday
3. I am grateful that I was there last night to support my superintendent at that meeting
4. I am grateful for friendship
5. Very very grateful for eyesight
6. Veggies
7. That I got home safely late last night
8. M called and we got to debrief a little after the nighttime meeting
9. I am not the victim of a violent crime
10. I am not totally poverty stricken
11. I am not homeless
12. I am not on chemo.
13. Or needing it and can’t get
14. I have my eye drops
15. Can get them every month. Phew
16. I am grateful for today
17. And for the fb page Sparkle My Day
18. I was super awesome at the all-day meeting today.
19. Just about 5 – 6 years ago, I was very nervous about not being good enough for my job. That’s sad. I’ve learned since then.
20. I am home now
21. I was complimented by at least 3 people today
22. My kids were concerned when they saw me at the nurse’s office. I had just gone in to use the bathroom! But they didn’t know that.
23. We, the new team, did a great job together
24. I made M a great offer last night
25. And – as it turns out she cannot use it, I am kind of grateful I don’t have to do it…
26. And I made her a big offer today
27. And she couldn’t use it either
28. I will meet all my deadlines. I believe that.
29. The lawyer yesterday heard my phone call with my mom, and then said, “That was nice.” And I said, “She’s an angel.”And he sad to me, “YOU’RE an angel.”
30. I am highly intelligent
31. And someone said ABOUT me today, that I was “on fire: )”
32. The nice lunch, me, M, D, and that mother from other school who is an aide and the other aide. Friendly. Classy. Sweet.
33. Roseanne show repeats
34. Fb posts
35. That what happened with mine this morning was apparently just a glitch: )
36. The changes we made in books
37. And ordering
38. And trips
39. And curriculum and how to teach it
40. And when to teach it
41. The offer that I WILL do Koko with next year’s classes again:)
“ow I Become Myself
Now I become myself. It's taken
Time, many years and places;
I have been dissolved and shaken,
Worn other people's faces,
Run madly, as if Time were there,
Terribly old, crying a warning,
"Hurry, you will be dead before—"
(What? Before you reach the morning?
Or the end of the poem is clear?
Or love safe in the walled city?)
Now to stand still, to be here,
Feel my own weight and density!
The black shadow on the paper
Is my hand; the shadow of a word
As thought shapes the shaper
Falls heavy on the page, is heard.
All fuses now, falls into place
From wish to action, word to silence,
My work, my love, my time, my face
Gathered into one intense
Gesture of growing like a plant.
As slowly as the ripening fruit
Fertile, detached, and always spent,
Falls but does not exhaust the root,
So all the poem is, can give,
Grows in me to become the song,
Made so and rooted by love.
Now there is time and Time is young.
O, in this single hour I live
All of myself and do not move.
I, the pursued, who madly ran,
Stand still, stand still, and stop the sun!
~ May Sarton
From Rivers in the Ocean
____

42. This ______
43. Illumined Ways with Sharon Fallon ShreveWhen we focus on the good and positive aspects in our lives,
negativity begins to dissipate, allowing miracles to manifest!
Remember, friends, wherever our attention goes, energy flows. BIG hug to all! ~ Sharon ♥
Art: Lindy _____
44. This_____
45. You never know what's around the corner. It could be everything. Or it could be nothing. You keep putting one foot in front of the other, and then one day you look back and you've climbed a mountain.
~ Tom Hiddleston___________
46. Oh yay. Thank God for this! Divine Evolution
You are God’s own masterpiece. That means, you are not ordinary or average; you are one-of-a-kind original! When God created you, He went to great length to make you exactly the way He wanted you. You’re not meant to be like everyone else; God designed you the way you are for a purpose. Everything about you is unique and everything about you matters. You may feel like your life looks ordinary today, but when you understand your value-not only who you are, but also, whose you are-then you will love yourself more, and you will also love those people around you in a greater way. Realize that because you belong to Him, you are extremely valuable.

by Victoria Osteen
47. This ______
48. It is Thursday. I am grateful that I woke up
49. And that slept
50. And on what would be her 84th birthday, thinking of what I learned from Anne Frank and grateful for her lessons
51. Grateful for talking with MA last night
52. And offering – again – to help.
53. Ability to walk through the house
54. Hope
55. Calming thoughts
56. This_____
57. Humor
58. Talked with L. this morning. Nice.
59. IMing
60. Facebook pages that send me stuff in AMs
61. Art pages
62. Nature pages
63. Inspirational pages
64. Buddhist pages
65. My breath
66. My friendship with MA. Who won’t live more than 5 more years: (
67. Her amazing wonderful attitude about it
68. My particular job
69. Compassionate people
70. People who keep secrets
71. My ability to speak. I remember when I couldn’t speak for the better part of 8 months
72. Gold jewelry
73. The daddy I had. He was awesome
74. Honest upstanding people who try
75. Hey! * I * am one of them! Yay. Not perfect. But pretty much…
76. Plans for next year’s teaching seem realistic
77. Pics online
78. Pics in email
79. Friends
80. M
81. L and D and I getting along SO WELL yesterday
82. Me being able to do MORE THAN my part
83. And being appreciated for it
84. My hands
85. My feet
86. My eyes
87. My calm whenever I have it inside
88. People who help each other
89. My freedom
90. My car
91. My driveway
92. My birds
93. These students
94. Geese
95. The post about “cage-free” chickens that are in unbearable conditions!
96. That I care
97. Everyone who cares
98. “Work with what you got”
99. Just do the next right thing
100. My mother’s love

No comments:

Post a Comment