Tuesday, June 18, 2013

My 100 Gratitudes Today

I am grateful:

1. I am deeply deeply grateful that I feel better now. Had some bad sleep. Awakened overwhelmed. Drained. But only 30 minutes and 1 cup of instant coffee later, and I feel more positive. Thank You, God
2. “When you touch one thing with deep awareness, you touch everything. The same is true of time. When you touch one moment with deep awareness.. You touch all moments.”
~ Thich Nhat Hanh_________
3. My sweet and wonderful kids (students) today
4. Wow. I was afraid that my piano practice in the classroom would be bothering teachers in other rooms and the hall. But one told me today that yesterday when I was practicing (after the kids left), he and another teacher were working in the hall and saying how relaxing it is to hear me playing and wished I’d leave my door open. They even tried to open my door to ask me to leave it open so they could hear more! (Then they’d thought it was locked, which it wasn’t – just stuck from the humidity). That was nice to hear though
5. Good lunch today
6. Good practicing today.
7. A. being so nice to me lately
8. Great emails me and L lately
9. Another safe car trip – 2 – today. Lucky (and careful)
10. My sweet birds
11. My freedom
12. That I can talk
13. That I can breathe
14. That I can walk
15. That I can see!
16. And play piano
17. And type
18. I am grateful for this robe I am wearing right now
19. That Am loved the baby presents I’d picked
20. That I have a home
21. And hope to fix it
22. And am not depressed. AM tired and nervous. But NOT depressed!
23. Pharmacy delivers
24. And yesterday brought me my eye drops
25. And Paxil
26. Broccoli
27. That I can drink
28. And eat
29. And swallow
30. That wine does not call to me. I have a bottle in fridge, white, and am glad that’s not ANOTHER problem (on top of food, which does call to me)
31. This blog
32. YOU!
33. M loves me. My dear dear good friend
34. MA
35. ML
36. Those years of lunches with MA AND ML at work every day in the little office : )
37. Humor
38. Science channel
39. Repeat sitcoms too
40. Good books
41. Walks. May I have MANY of them this summer.
42. Nervous about piano rehearsal tonight, in front of people, at night no less. But grateful for the opportunity!
43. This: "All the disorder of the world is due to the mind. He who conquers it, conquers everything and is a real hero."

--Meher Baba
44. Thich Nhat Hanh
45. That my dear friend V, will be able to attend a retreat of his this fall
46. That other V answered and WILL accept a present . . . long story doesn’t matter, just grateful
47. Poetry
48. Dance
49. This https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?v=452044411538702&set=vb.147559548619276&type=2&theater
50. My mother’s phone call coming NOT during my piece today.
51. I AM glad that I have something to do tonight. I’m not 9 years old. And it IS late spring. And light out…
52. I am grateful for EJ
53. And Birdie
54. And JJ
55. And M
56. And St
57. And even Gl and Am today
58. And even a little tiny bit D sometimes
59. And my cousin who just had a healthy baby, having never had a baby before, and being in her 40’s.
60. The nights on the front brick terrace at the house we moved into when I was in 7th grade, my parents and I.
61. And the Friday night pizza in the summer. I ate one slice and was perfectly satisfied
62. And although it was junk, a very few times, my boyfriend and friends and I ate McDonald’s on the way to the movies, and I always had one regular (that small one) hamburger and was perfectly satisfied. Wow.
63. My gorgeous prom dress in college. Omg!
64. PF Clark’s in NYC, where my parents took me a few times.
65. And another place I’d never eat now, but was special back then: Ponti’s
66. And Louie’s
67. And the time my mother was in the hospital but my father took me there and we ate clams oreganato and were dying to dip the bread in the juice. But we thought it impolite. And the owner came over and said, “What is wrong? You must dip the bread! That is the best part!” And we did and laughed about it.
68. And my parents took me to see the play 1776.
69. And Child’s Play
70. And The sound of Music a few times
71. And my father took me to see the movie Gone with the Wind, as he had brought me the book from the library and I’d loved it.
72. And I have been to Bermuda
73. And Barbados
74. And California
75. And Niagara Falls
76. And London
77. And the Poconos
78. And the Catskills
79. And D.C.
80. And Iowa
81. Guys who have loved me.
82. That I have always – always – had a close close close girlfriend.
83. And others too.
84. Wind chimes
85. Here AND at my classroom
86. Bird treats
87. Bird toys
88. Bird food
89. This: Peace starts within each one of us.
When we have inner peace, we can be at peace with those around us."
~ His Holiness the Dalai Lama
90. I am not in a concentration camp
91. I wasn’t murdered
92. I haven’t been tortured
93. I’m not a slave
94. I’m not in a war
95. I don’t have a dread disease
96. I can come and go as I please
97. I have been supporting myself for over 26 years
98. I will be ok
99. I am ok
100. I have two feet
101. And two ears
102. And two eyes
103. And two hands

No comments:

Post a Comment