Saturday, June 29, 2013

My 100 Gratitudes Today

I am grateful:


1. Friday nt – I just took a ride. I am free, and I am breathing in the beautiful air God gave me.
2. Tomorrow is my recital. And no matter how it goes, it will be fine. I will be fine.
3. Sat morning now. I woke up in a bad place. Last night got glass in foot, woke up by falling out of bed, no feeling in hands, recital tonight, lonely, etc. Thought of m’s cheerfulness and smiled.
4. Then saw pic of M and her girls and smiled even more.
5. Then got email from L and smiled again.
6. JJ
7. Birdie
8. EJ
9. Kayleigh
10. _____
11. My birds flying.
12. And just flew right around me
13. Jewel comes so close and perches and looks right at me. For example, last night.
14. I’m beginning to get feeling back in my hands.
15. Hope
16. Practiced the Chopin – last time – was fine
17. Plants – indoor plants
18. Flowers
19. My tiger lilies that just grow there outside on their own
20. And my bamboo too
21. Birds. Birds in nature. My birdies, who at least are free SO MUCH, and pictures of birds around the world. Birds are little miracles in my opinion.
22. This_____
23. And the fb page, Birds around the World
24. This _____
25. _____
26. Talking with MA now on phone
27. "Look, I don't want to wax philosophic, but I will say that if you're alive you've got to flap your arms and legs, you've got to jump around a lot, for life is the very opposite of death, and therefore you must at very least think noisy and colorfully, or you're not alive." Mel Brooks
28. “Don't ever give up.
Don't ever give in.
Don't ever stop trying.
Don't ever sell out.
And if you find yourself succumbing
to one of the above for a brief moment,
pick yourself up, brush yourself off,
whisper a prayer,
and start where you left off.
But never, ever, ever give up.” ~Richelle E. Goodrich
29. This________
30. _______
31. coffee
32. water
33. recital tonight
34. M coming
35. I can drive her car
36. We will eat out, afterward
37. I remembered to get the address and directions
38. Her car is filled with gas
39. Grass
40. MA long talk on phone this am. It was great
41. My birds are so happy TOGETHER
42. I’m SO GLAD for the TIME I spent sitting on that floor making sure to find two who were already good friends!
43. Cameras
44. How much they talk together
45. The rings Summer uses so much for his gymnastics
46. They seem to like all the toys this week
47. I am very nervous about tonight’s recital. So different than last year’s. nighttime. And far away .And I must drive. And my hands and shoulders and neck have been and still are in pain…. But I am so GRATEFUL that I CAN play piano
48. And have one!
49. And paid for it myself too
50. This_____
51. That I have all my fingers
52. And can move them
53. And my arms
54. My toes
55. And my feet
56. And my legs
57. That I can swallow
58. The oak tree blowing in the breeze outside my window right now
59. I am grateful for this gift of life
60. And for humor
61. And for St
62. And M
63. And MA
64. And ML
65. And O
66. And A
67. And L
68. That I am a good friend too
69. That I have been on stage, and enjoyed it, many times.
70. That I went to London!
71. By myself!
72. And paid for it myself
73. And loved it every minute!
74. My iPhone
75. My car
76. My little home
77. Wood floors
78. That I have a tv
79. And a little cheap stereo. But it works.
80. The Good Life shared a photo. We get so busy in our everyday lives, we stop looking,we stop feeling and we become numb. Start looking for The Good life in what your doing, right now this very second. When was the last time you took a break, a potty break , a smoking break, a lunch, and you actually looked at something beautiful. The smile of someone you love, an old photo of some place you visited. This does NOT REQUIRE a very big time commitment. Find your Good Life, remember what makes you happy, what makes you smile, what makes you feel. _______
81. That I have closed the piano and cannot touch it again today.
82. Vegetables
83. Fruits
84. That I can drive
85. That M is coming with me tonight
86. That MA is finding her way, bless her
87. That we are still close
88. And SO close
89. My little dog I used to have that was the greatest sweetest most innocent creature ever
90. That after being abused for 4 years, it took her only under 15 minutes, lying on my front while I lay on my back, the first time we met, to stare into my eyes, let out a big, whole-body sigh, and relax.
91. And she stayed that way for the 9 years I and then we had her. Relaxed. Fine. Happy. My little babe: ) So blessed to have had her.
92. As she was t have had us: )
93. Summer. It is summer
94. And Summer my birdy
95. And Jewel my birdie
96. Their inquisitive nature.
97. That non-human animals seem to live in the moment. And have so much to teach us.
98. Smiles. I just had one and it is staying: )
99. Affirmations
100. The idea of the Tao of Pooh (although I haven’t read it)
101. That my kids loved Winnie the Pooh so much.
102. And Zucchini even more.
103. They were saying Pooh was the best book they’d ever known
104. And the were saying Zucchini was.
105. That I gave a copy to that special boy. Even though it is out of print. I think I did the right thing. For him.
106. Hope.
107. God.
108. This day.
109. That I actually feel that way. Grateful for this day. Phew. Grateful for THAT.

No comments:

Post a Comment