Tuesday, June 11, 2013

My 100 Gratitudes Today

I am grateful:

1. That I started the day with the Third Step Prayer today.
2. And yesterday
3. That my birds are snging softly
4. Coffee
5. My talk with B financial person) last night
6. That I can practice piano in my classroom
7. That the den is cleaner
8. My face. Expressive.
9. And pretty enough I guess
10. My ears. They hear,
11. they are a nice size,
12. they are pretty,
13. they are sensitive,
14. and my earring piercings are not stretched at all.
15. My mouth. Can eat
16. And drink
17. And speak
18. And have a pretty smile
19. 2 lips. (No, really. My nephew didn’t when he was born)
20. The peace in my life
21. Everywhere there is peace
22. That my birds both fly freely now.
23. And land
24. and walk
25. and explore
“Rivers in the Ocean
The time will come
when, with elation
you will greet yourself arriving
at your own door, in your own mirror
and each will smile at the other's welcome,
and say, sit here. Eat.
You will love again the stranger who was your self.
Give wine. Give bread. Give back your heart
to itself, to the stranger who has loved you
all your life, whom you ignored
for another, who knows you by heart.
Take down the love letters from the bookshelf,
the photographs, the desperate notes,
peel your own image from the mirror.
Sit. Feast on your life.”
~ Derek Walcott
26. I am grateful that I have this day. Well really, this moment.
27. And that I now that
28. By 6:00 tonight, the somewhat scary meeting will be over
29. And things will be on the road for my mother
30. Other lawyer going to scan all the info I’d already taken
31. I am still so afraid of some things sometimes : ( But – I am less afraid tan I used to be
32. And more capable
33. And register it more
34. And what the dr. said last Wed. People admire me for my accomplishments. But they love me for ME>
35. And April 23. The night I decided, or realized, that I really DO want to live.
36. And that I documented it.
37. And that tis weekend, I think it was Sun morning, I felt ok alone. That feeling was back. Has been coming.
38. And I wrote to M about it. To document IT too.
39. MA
40. And she is back from her vaca away now
41. Maybe I can see her Friday after school, or this weekend…
42. Fb in the mornings
43. God in my life
44. The five minutes each morning of meditation that I have been re-starting again
45. Mindfulness
46. All the mainstream articles now about its many benefits
47. Including for kids
48. They are making a movie about it now, I think, kids.
“Rivers in the Ocean
May the Angel of Awakening stir your heart
to come alive to the eternal within you,
to all the invitations that quietly surround you.

May the Angel of Healing turn your wounds
into sources of refreshment.

May the Angel of Imagination enable you
to stand on the true thresholds,
at ease with your ambivalence
and drawn in new directions
through the glow of your contradictions.

May the Angel of Compassion open your eyes
to the unseen suffering around you.
May the Angel of Wildness disturb the places
where your life is domesticated and safe,
take you to the territories of true otherness
where all that is awkward in you
can fall into its own rhythm.

May the Angel of Eros introduce you
to the beauty of your senses
to celebrate your inheritance
as a temple of the holy spirit.

May the Angel of Justice disturb you
to take the side of the poor and the wronged.

May the Angel of Encouragement confirm you
in worth and self-respect,
that you may live with the dignity
that presides in your soul.
May the Angel of Death arrive only
when your life is complete
and you have brought every given gift
to the threshold where its infinity can shine.

May all the Angels be your sheltering
and joyful guardians.”
~ John O'Donohue ____

49. “Be gentle with yourself. You are a child of the universe. No less than the trees and the stars.” From Desiderata
50. and all of it: Go placidly amid the noise and haste, and remember what peace there may be in silence.
As far as possible, without surrender, be on good terms with all persons. Speak your truth quietly and clearly; and listen to others, even to the dull and the ignorant, they too have their story. Avoid loud and aggressive persons, they are vexations to the spirit.
If you compare yourself with others, you may become vain and bitter; for always there will be greater and lesser persons than yourself. Enjoy your achievements as well as your plans. Keep interested in your own career, however humble; it is a real possession in the changing fortunes of time.
Exercise caution in your business affairs, for the world is full of trickery. But let this not blind you to what virtue there is; many persons strive for high ideals, and everywhere life is full of heroism. Be yourself. Especially, do not feign affection. Neither be cynical about love, for in the face of all aridity and disenchantment it is perennial as the grass.
Take kindly to the counsel of the years, gracefully surrendering the things of youth. Nurture strength of spirit to shield you in sudden misfortune. But do not distress yourself with imaginings. Many fears are born of fatigue and loneliness.
Beyond a wholesome discipline, be gentle with yourself. You are a child of the universe, no less than the trees and the stars; you have a right to be here. And whether or not it is clear to you, no doubt the universe is unfolding as it should.
Therefore be at peace with God, whatever you conceive Him to be, and whatever your labors and aspirations, in the noisy confusion of life, keep peace in your soul.
With all its sham, drudgery and broken dreams, it is still a beautiful world.
Be cheerful. Strive to be happy.
51. My quiet time in the mornings
52. I am ok right now
53. I am even relaxed right now
54. Veggies for lunch
55. That I can read
56. That I can see
57. My eyeglasses
58. My eye drops
59. Paxil. I seem to need 20 mgs a night now. And that’s fine
60. Exercise. Summer coming. Can do…
61. Trustworthy people
62. M
63. “ My soul is from elsewhere, I'm sure of that, and I intend to end up there. “ ~ Rumi

Artwork by Lisa Evans________
64. This ________
65. This ________
66. And this ________
67. Birds
68. Fb page Birds around he World
69. The small parkway I can take to work. With nature all around.
70. That I am DOING the grats every day.
71. My student. Oh, they are so wonderful. I love them.
72. " In many shamanic societies, if you came to a medicine person complaining of being disheartened, dispirited, or depressed, they would ask one of four questions. When did you stop dancing? When did you stop singing? When did you stop being enchanted by stories? When did you stop finding comfort in the sweet territory of silence?

We are One...............” ________
73. This ________
74. My mother’s good days now.
75. Tha I can walk
76. And like to
77. And have strong legs
78. And feet
79. My hands
80. For typing
81. And piano
82. And writing
83. And hugging
84. And touching the birds
85. And feeding them
86. And driving
87. And cleaning
88. An holding books
89. And touching a tree Oh.
90. And carrying my luggage to London
91. And feeling the textures of life. Wood
92. And metal
93. And soft cloth
94. And keys
95. And steering wheel
96. And light switches. So many things
97. Electricity
98. That I no long OVERuse it
99. Water. Access to drinking water. So lucky. So appreciative for that.
100. Every summer that I have swam.
101. And I can this summer too…

No comments:

Post a Comment