Friday, June 7, 2013

My 100 Gratitudes Today

I am grateful:

1. I was just waiting for my coffee to heat, and I was standing in the d.r. looking out at the tre and feeling – goo. I am very grateful for that.
2. I got here safely in the rain. I don’t worry about that. But it’s nice to take a moment and feel good about something I normally take for granted. It IS a lucky thing.
3. And – on time. Despite the tie-up
4. I ate breakfast at home. Which is healthier for nutrition and weight than eating it from bagel store : )
5. And – huge – I didn’t even THINK of it. Just DID it omg
6. June – going so well so far in terms of eating. Every night, or virtually every night, I want junk. I even want to binge. And I just say to myself, “Oh. I don’t do that in June.” And “Oh. I haven’t for the first ___ days, so I don’t want to tonight.”
7. I have a healthy lunch with spinach today
8. And healthy dinners ready at home
9. The therapy session on Wednesday. HUGE
10. I told M.
11. She GOT it!
12. That my kids are still able to make the maps on the older computers (can’t on the newer ones lol oy)
13. Blue pens
14. Computer program “onemorestory.com” and that I know the person who started it (knew – she has since died)
15. I am grateful to her for what she did. She had a heart for children with cancer. So she had made a big apron with lots of pockets.
16. Jewel
17. Summer
18. My new feeling that I don’t have to accomplish every minute
19. And therefore, CAN do what DO need to do
20. Dr. Amen
21. My eye drops
22. Vacations
23. I loved Niagara Falls
24. Twice
25. And Barbados.
26. And Bermuda
27. And LA
28. Twice
29. And London oh oh oh London!
30. And Montreal
31. And the Catskills
32. And the Poconos
33. Bath
34. Windsor
35. Stonehenge
36. The 6 weeks off following my hysterectomy, walking with J so much….
37. All those J and me, and doggie off-leash walks in the woods
38. The 1st retreat with Thay in Massachusetts
39. And the 2nd
40. And the 3rd!
41. And mine with him in London. Educators’ retreat
42. And the times J and I were at one of his monasteries here
43. My high school – that one English teacher, Sr. L
44. And that Social Studies teacher, Mrs. K
45. And the other one, the blonde
46. And my college French teacher
47. My Humanities class in h.s.
48. My college Bioethics class
49. My other psych/bio class I forget what it was called
50. My psych course with the defense mechanisms
51. My electives in psych
52. My psych degree
53. My teaching degree
54. My theology degree
55. My experience teaching in the first Catholic school
56. And in the second
57. And even in the nursery
58. And kindergarten
59. And of course in my other school in this district
60. And in this school too
61. That I am alive
62. THAT I WANT TO BE!!! YAY!!!!
63. I am okay
64. IT is ALL, really, okay
65. Facebook
66. Email
67. Nature
68. Mountains
69. Oceans
70. That I have been in the Pacific Ocean
71. As well as the Atlantic, many times
72. People who see past the outside of others
73. That I am less judgmental than I used to be
74. Green beans
75. Fresh ripe grown-in-soil summer tomatoes
76. I have not overeaten in June so far. Yay.
77. That both birds were just on my hand
78. And arm!
79. That Jewel really looks me in the eye these days: ) Oy, Joy!
80. Their pretty ceres : )
81. Gorillas
82. The movie, “Gorillas in the Mist.”
83. Koko
84. The questions my students ask me. It’s really: they want to learn ALL THEY CAN from me!
85. The computer teacher said the other day that what my kids were finishing and accomplishing beautifully (gr. 2), FIFTH GRADERS were not always able to do. I said, “This is the best class EVER.” (which it is) He said, “Some of it HAS TO BE the teacher. That was nice.
86. My piano practicing is going well.
87. I have been exposed to some of the great art on the earth.
88. At the Met
89. And MoMA
90. And Guggenheim
91. And Tate
92. And other places too.
93. A’s friendship
94. O’s
95. M’s!!!!!
96. MA’s!!!!
97. J’s phone call last week
98. That I am growing!!!!!!
99. Flowers
100. Nightgown.

No comments:

Post a Comment