Friday, August 10, 2012

This is really a draft from a while ago!

I am grateful: 1. I am so very grateful that the sadness I felt a couple of years ago is over. 2. I am grateful that I went THROUGH it. Not around it. Came out the other side. 3. I am grateful for my health. To not be chronically ill. 4. I am grateful for Louis. That he is in my life. That he is my boyfriend. That I was open enough to let him in! 5. I am grateful for the half cup of coffee I had today with lowfat vanilla coconut milk. 6. And that soon I can exercise again! 7. I’m grateful that I play piano. 8. And that I (usually) have a voice. 9. I’m grateful that I can breathe on my own. 10. And for Yogi Breathe Right or Breathe Deep or whatever it’s called, tea. 11. I’m grateful that the book I’m slowly reading is so captivating. Because I’m not far enough Buddhism-wise to totally be in my own body every second and just experience. So when I REALLY need a distraction, like middle of night can’t breathe/sleep, that book has been a godsend. 12. I am grateful that I love history. 13. And so much non-fiction altogether. 14. I am grateful for all the years and days of deep, quality friendship I have had/have with Mary Allen. 15. I am grateful that Louis has good friends! 16. And a good, active life! Fiends, House Career! Music! Museums! Beaches! Amazing terrific best-in-the-world-girlfriend! Sex life! Laughter! Reading! Exercise! Concerts! Theater! Artistic talent! Piano! Phone chats! Sauna! Biomat! Handy! Leo! + Politics! Charities! Environment! 17. But also enjoys his quiet time. 18. I am grateful for all that in me, too. 19. I am grateful for the people who’ve come before, including Jim and John, because they did. And because they are part of the fabric of my life. And I have learned lessons from those relationships. 20. I am grateful for laughter! 21. And absurdity! 22. And I am grateful for Handy! 23. And Leo! 24. And French. Beautiful French. And my lessons. I love taking French. 25. And poetry 26. I am grateful for my therapist. His devotion and best use of his fine brain makes one feel cared for. 27. I am grateful that I am pretty. 28. And orgasmic 29. And that I have the best lover in the world! 30. I am grateful that people like and respect me. 31. And that I am trustworthy. 32. And spiritual. 33. I am so grateful for Kairava. 34. And for organic veggies and fruits 35. And vegan cookbooks. Even though I almost never use them(!), I am grateful that they exist. 36. I am grateful for the happy times I’ve had doing crewel work, cross-stitch, needlepoint, knitting, and crocheting. 37. And the happy memories of my mo ther teaching me to knit, pre-K! 38. And my grandmother and aunt trying to teach me to crochet, to no avail : ) 39. And student Kristen’s baby-sitter finally teaching me with success, all those years later. 40. And every good day my mother has. 41. And that she now gets Meals on Wheels, thanks in no small part to Louis. 42. And that I healed from that injury! 43. I am so very very grateful that I am a vegan! There was a time when I thought I never could be! 44. I am grateful that I am literate. 45. And can read music too. 46. And that I enjoy so many things! Including plain old walking, and word games, and giving to children. 47. I think I won’t be taking Phoebe much or at all anymore. And that makes me sad. But I am grateful for every single minute of joy we’ve had together! not Phoebe. Shih tzu onilne. 48. And that I have a house. 49. And that I bought it by myself! 50. I am grateful that I am courageous. 51. And that Louis has found the people to do the body work on his car. 52. And that I have a car. And a car that I love, no less. 53. I am grateful for garbage collection. I worked with someone who had to drive hers somewhere twice a week! 54. I am grateful for rivers and lakes and the sound, the bay, and the beautiful ocean! 55. And that Louis has a pool and is so happy he has it. 56. I am grateful for the times we’ve had/have together! The kisses. 57. The hugs. 58. The lovemaking. 59. The towns we visit. 60. The wine shares 61. The music! 62. The laughter. 63. The museums 64. The concerts and theater 65. The movies 66. The meals 67. The sleepovers 68. The walking 69. The talking 70. The gratitudes sharing 71. The time with friends 72. I am grateful that I had 4 week-long retreats with Thich Nhat Hahn! 73. And that I went to England! 74. And that I went by myself! 75. And that I enjoyed it so much! 76. That Louis loves that I wear lacy stockings 77. I am grateful that I am helpful to others. 78. And for every person and non-human animal who has ever been helpful to me 79. And that I like my principal so much. 80. And that the saboteur will not be in my classroom this coming school year! 81. I am grateful for my legs and feet and that both are strong. And pretty. 82. And for my good hair. 83. And pretty eyes and smile. 84. And lovely breasts. 85. And shoes. 86. And pocketbooks. 87. And that Louis doesn’t mind, and even likes, that I am girlie. Because I am. 88. And that he is all man! 89. I am grateful for the kindness he has shown during this illness. And that I showed him kindness during his too. And that that’s the way we are. 90. And that neither of us is a fighter! 91. I am grateful for Sam and Joan. I miss them, but am glad they are in my life. And that they are good together. And that his new financial situation will relieve some tension for them! 92. I am grateful that Meredith got her house! And is putting it together so well! And it will be a real and happy home. 93. And that she is keeping a dresser drawer for me to keep enough stuff because she REALLY wants me to sleep over sometimes. 94. I am grateful that the Buddhist monks and nuns picked for me, the name: True Compassion of the Heart. What name could be more beautiful for me? 95. I am so grateful for the richness of my life.

No comments:

Post a Comment