Wednesday, August 15, 2012

My One Hundred Gratitudes Today

I am grateful for this and more: 1. That my doctor is coming in about 20 minutes. I have only gotten to see him like 2x out of the last 8! (once I was sick, once I was away, and the others he couldn’t make). 2. That I read those emails from L. I don’t want him to think I wouldn’t bother. 3. Music 4. My eyeglasses. 5. My sunglasses. 6. That I will look tomorrow for really cheap piano glasses at the drugstore. Only if cannot get, I’ll get my prescription ones remade. 7. That I worked out some of the things with my mother today. Well all of them. But just for now. 8. That I did what hd to be done yesterday for her. 9. And last night. 10. That I did that school work this morning. 11. And this afternoon. 12. That I contacted O today 13. That I did that work for M, and she did the other for me. 14. That we work SO WELL (!) together! 15. And that she goes on about it too. 16. That I should be going away this weekend. 17. Then Monday I’ll buy the stuff I need for the colonoscopy Tuesday 18. That it will probably be fine. 19. That I have the day off to do it. 20. That I don’t have to worry about doggie. I miss her, but at least I don’t have to worry about her. 21. That J and I have been being so nice to each other. 22. That L is so easygoing. 23. And confidence-keeping 24. And great at advice giving. 25. And at listening. 26. And bought me presents! 27. And says nice things to be about how he feels about being with me. 28. That he so accommodating with his friends. And feels that, “Well he/she is such a nice person.” 29. That part of him that is so sweet to all the little ones. 30. The stories he makes up. 31. His brilliant, truly gifted mind. 32. His ability to mimic. 33. His sense of humor. 34. That he sends me his reviews for that publication and I get to read them. 35. And his movie reviews. 36. And more. Pictures, etc. 37. And has given me three cards. 38. That he reads! Yay oh yay. 39. That he let me treat him to the two gifts and the drinks and dinner on his anniversary – the day he outlived his father. 40. That he has confided in my about some private things. 41. And that he knows I can be totally trusted with them. 42. That he is good with money. Doesn’t overspend frivolously, but does nice things. 43. That he is so affectionate! 44. That we talked over the thing about which I felt uncomfortable, and it got all fully resolved, last Sunday. 45. That he likes dancing. 46. And the beach. 47. And movies. 48. That he is respectable 49. And honorable 50. And fun 51. And sexy 52. And romantic 53. That is so caressing. 54. And loves that I am too. 55. That M and I are so close. 56. That she is keeping vegan choices of food there for me. 57. And is going to give me a drawer during the school year, in case I ever need to sleep over, like on an ice day or something, after work. This is so good. 58. That she loves me so much. I don’t know why she does, but she does. 59. That MA does too. Again, I don’t know why. But she does. 60. And St. I love St. And in ways, she probably loves me too. 61. And O. 62. And my piano 63. And my piano music 64. And my little stereo. 65. So cheap but such good sound 66. And that L picked it out for me. That I gave him a budget and he got it and brought it here and set it up and taught me how to use it. 67. The new book on the Tudors I am reading. 68. That I went to England! 69. Alone! 70. And enjoyed it so fully! 71. And had a safe trip. 72. Both ways. 73. And have never been permanently injured in a car, or any kind of, accident. 74. That I will be okay this year, I expect. 75. And a very good teacher. 76. That I will be exercising 4 – 5 days a week, at least. 77. And meditating for 10 – 20 minutes at least once a day. 78. The sanghas with whom I used to sit 79. That L read the Five Mindfulness Trainings with me last week at that theater. 80. My wonderful sponsor. 81. That I have a washing machine! 82. And it works! I remember when this wasn’t the case. 83. That I made that great soup this week. 84. And have been eating it. 85. And that I made the taco thing today. 86. And will freeze some portions of that too. 87. And that I sent my mother 3 portions of the soup. 88. That taxi driver in England who helped me so much. 89. My oak tree. Oh, thank God for that tree. 90. Birds. 91. Including the ones I was looking at today, in my little yard. 92. Flowers 93. Giraffes. 94. Paintings 95. Good sculptures. 96. That I have been to so many great museums. 97. That O is taking me to the colonoscopy Tues, or at the very least picking me up from it. 98. That I HAVE a job. 99. That I have enough energy. Enough. 100. That I do sleep at night. Thank you God, for all of this.

1 comment:

  1. # 38! Why is it that so few men read? It reminds me of the Seinfeld episode The Bizzaro World...

    ELAINE - Kevin and his friends are nice people! They do good things. They read..

    JERRY - I read.

    ELAINE - Books, Jerry.

    JERRY - [pause] Oh.

    #79 - Have you read any of the books in Mindful Eating? I have just started to read a couple of them.

    I hope your colonoscopy goes well. Let us know the results ok?

    ReplyDelete