Friday, August 10, 2012

Readings - For Today

A permanent state of transition is man's most noble condition. Juan Ramon Jimenez Change is not compatible with stubborn pride. Growth does not happen in a climate of arrogance and know-it-all superiority. The changes that are taking place in those who practice this program involve the total personality - thoughts, emotions, the way I see myself and other people. These transitions require a willingness to let go old ideas, to place my faith in a Power greater than myself. When I gave up my will, the gift of abstinence became mine and my compulsion to overeat was arrested. My other defects are being removed as I become willing to give up my right to decide and control my life. For today: To change, I must understand that giving up is not giving in, nor is it failing. It is no longer needing to be right.

No comments:

Post a Comment