Monday, August 13, 2012

Today's Readings - In This Moment

In This Moment, I choose not to listen to my disease. Even though I work the CoDA program, sometimes the demons in my mind pick the locks on their cages. They run around knocking over the furniture, scattering the mail, and teasing the cat. Chaos reigns and I feel insane. I have learned that when the demons of my codependency speak, I can choose not to listen. My codependency tells me that I have no value., I'll never get it right, and I would be better off dead. In recovery, I know those things are not true and so it must be my disease talking. My disease causes me to suffer and feel insane. My Higher Power restores me to sanity. As I rely on my higher Power for guidance, my codependency loses its power. I am precious and free.

No comments:

Post a Comment