Sunday, August 19, 2012

My One Hundred Gratitudes Today

I am grateful for these and more: 1. Our couple friends, S and Jo. I am so grateful to have couple friends. And at first, I felt a little funky, as L and Jo were a couple for about 2 years! But that was like 20 years ago, and in his words, “It’s SO long ago. And SO NEUTRALIZED.” And I am almost over it now. Almost. (Still a little funky knowing he’s been with her naked, they know how each other come, …). But really: NO sexual chemistry between them now! 2. Grateful that we had movie and dinner out with them Friday evening. 3. And yesterday evening too. A different movie and different restaurant. 4. Grateful that I woke up this morning. 5. And that L did too. 6. And that we are going to the beach today. 7. And that he just looked at me last night and said, “You’re so *sweet. * “ 8. And that Jo said she thinks he’s in love with me. 9. And S said, in front of all of us, the REASONS why he thinks I am the PERFECT person for L. 10. Grateful that think have been eating healthfully this weekend. 11. And that it is still summer vacation. 12. And that I am here, at his place, on vacation. 13. Listening to Klami (a Finnish composer) as he is at his computer and I am at mine. 14. And that, gulp, I bought the book 50 Shades of Grey last night. I don’t really care about the BOOK. I think it is poorly written. And the sex scenes, well, . . . But I am FASCINATED by the cultural impact – the sociological even that is taking place regarding sisterhood. All over the world! And I want to be part of it. And understand it better. Plus, for junk, the book is fun. 15. And that I still have my good Chopin book as well. 16. Books, in general. 17. That Barnes & Noble in the West Village, that we went to yesterday. 18. And the nice repartee I had with the female and the male employees. 19. Three-way phone calls. 20. That we’re having one right now, with JA 21. Scrabble Blast 22. Shostakovich 10th Symphony 23. And that we’re about to listen to the whole thing here right now. 24. That L explains these musical pieces to me 25. That I have my own “dressing room “ (really a small, hot powder room lol) downstairs. 26. Re today’s reading from Each Day a New Beginning: I am so grateful that I no longer live in a constant state of crisis. 27. And that that proves that anyone can change! 28. I am grateful for frozen bananas. 29. And my doctor (therapist). 30. And JJ 31. And EJ 32. And Birdie 33. And the people in Japan who are looking here. 34. And those in Qatar. 35. And Russia 36. And the US 37. And Canada 38. And Germany 39. And Israil 40. And the United Kingdom 41. And I am still, ever, so grateful that I went to England! 42. By myself! 43. And enjoyed it so thoroughly! 44. And MIGHT next year go to Paris! 45. And MIGHT get L to come with me. 46. Yoga. I don’t like it for me. But I’m grateful it exists, for so many! 47. Tai Chi. Which I DO like for me. 48. My iPhone! 49. And this laptop, MacPro. Wow, for someone not rich, I really am rich . . . 50. I am grateful for God in my life 51. I am grateful, so grateful, to the “followers” here. 52. And. That. I. Am. Not. Alone. In. Cyberspace. Oh, thank God! 53. I am grateful for the internet 54. And blogs 55. Paintings 56. Acrylic paint 57. That B won’t be my aide next year! 58. And neither with K! Yay. 59. I am grateful for Papyrus cards. 60. And each one I have sent/given to L. 61. And for my Reiki master. Oh, how I love her. She is an extraordinary person, truly. 62. And I am grateful on behalf on every person who has gotten to be with her. 63. Russian music 64. My piano 65. That I bought it myself 66. That I got TWO rounds of applause at the piano recital! 67. Apps 68. Especially GPS 69. And flashlight 70. And mirror 71. Combs. Really 72. And that I have a working hair dryer. I remember when I didn’t. (though I use it infrequently) 73. And a curling iron (thought I use it even less! Lol) 74. And a round brush. 75. And pretty hair 76. And am finally comfortable in his quirky shower. 77. Typing. That I can do it. 78. And that I enjoy it so much. 79. That L and I both have things we LOVE to do on the computers in the morning, and can thus spend the time this way 80. That he listens. 81. And that I do too. 82. Microphones 83. That I “accept L’s quirks,” as S says 84. O 85. Folky music of different countries. 86. The Five Mindfulness Trainings. 87. And that L and I read them together recently. 88. And M and I did, a few times. 89. And that I sent to Jo, as per her request. 90. Math. Yup, really. Especially teaching elementary math 91. That I am literate! 92. Composers 93. Artists 94. Independent film theaters 95. Independent films 96. Restaurants that are vegan-friendly! 97. Dogs 98. All people who are kind to dogs 99. My little doggie, and all the joy she has brought me. Even though I don’t have her anymore. 100. That I am a vegan.

No comments:

Post a Comment