Monday, August 13, 2012

Today's Readings - For Today

"To spare oneself from grief at all cost can be achieved only at the price of a total detachment, which excludes the ability to experience happiness." Erich Fromm Am I still using food to avoid my feelings? Does the term, "fat serenity," describe where I am today? If it does, i accept it without judgment. in time, perhaps I will tire of that bland feeling-no-pain state of escape that robs me of my humanity. Perhaps I will have the courage to acknowledge pain, to feel the feelings without reaching for an escape, and to have faith that my Higher Power is directing my life, not i. I accept unconditionally wherever I am today, acknowledging the truth without reservation or recrimination. For today: The OA program, the people and God are all there for me, loving me fat or thin, abstinent or compulsively overeating. Can i do any less for myself?

No comments:

Post a Comment