Tuesday, August 21, 2012

Today's One Hundred Gratitudes

I am grateful for all these and more: 1. I am grateful that L is alive 2. And that I am alive 3. And that J is 4. And MA 5. And MA 6. And M 7. And St 8. And O 9. And my mother 10. And Jo 11. And S 12. And other S 13. And JA 14. I am grateful for my new laptop 15. And for enjoying the tight feeling of how crisply it works, too 16. And that I had such a great piano practice session last night 17. And for L’s beautiful email at 12:44 am 18. That I am not alone 19. My sponsor, saying today: “You can’t hold onto the railing if your hand is in a fist.” Metaphor him needing railing for steps, me needing to let go and let God. 20. That I was there emotionally for L since he got that terrible news last night about the plane crash involving 2 people he knew. 21. “My” oak tree. I am seeing nothing but leaves and trunk and 2 tiny spots of sky out the whole French window and it is glorious. 22. I am grateful that I went to weight watchers today. Straightened out monthly membership credit card issue and stayed for nice meeting 23. My good soup 24. My good tacos 25. My good pasta veggie protein bake dish 26. My good casserole 27. My new cookbook 28. L. 29. That he sometimes addresses me in an email as, “To the Sexy Lady from the North.” 30. And sometimes, “My beautiful Lynn.” 31. And sometimes signs, Love 32. And that in person and on the phone, sometimes he calls me, “My love.” 33. And “Sweetheart.” Which he pronounces clearly and with meaning, like 2 words. Sweet. Heart. 34. And Honey 35. And often Dear 36. And even Darling 37. And that I call him these things too 38. That I’ve had some veggies today 39. And protein 40. And whole grains 41. And waters 42. And that I have an organic cantaloupe in my fridge right now 43. And an organic honeydew too 44. And organic bananas ripening on the counter for frozen bananas, right now. These are indeed riches. 45. That I have friends 46. That I can see 47. That I have a tv 48. And wireless internet 49. That it is still summer 50. That I have had this summer 51. That I have life. It is a gift. 52. The beautiful weather today 53. And lately 54. My arms. Not so hairy 55. Same with my legs 56. And underarms 57. My perfume 58. And that I wear so little! Lol 59. That I finally washed out my makeup brushes today 60. And I have the new makeup I need, like mascara 61. That I will do my classroom tomorrow 62. And the next day. As much as I can do 63. My new weight watchers signin user name. I love it. This site: http://www.neosannyas.org/names/b/english.aspx 64. That L comes to ME when he has strong feelings 65. That my dr called to explain why he can’t be here again this Wednesday, and apologized and it was a nice call both ways. 66. That next Wednesday I get to go for my one-on-one computer lesson at Apple store! 67. Dr. Oz. I do think he goes overboard and a little too low, but at least he does seem to be helping people with health! 68. Gary Null 69. Prevention magazine 70. Vegetarian Times 71. That I am out having fun so much more now! 72. And WITH people! 73. My mother’s good good great friend, M 74. OA 75. That I MIGHT go to a meeting tomorrow 76. That O will be okay. She is in the hospital now, but should heal fully 77. That I can and will reschedule my colonoscopy. 78. That I am eating better 79. Telephones 80. Cell phones 81. Sheets 82. Pillowcases 83. Mattress pad 84. Even heated one for winter! 85. Heat 86. Air conditioning 87. Red oak floors 88. Thin slats. So charming 89. A fireplace 90. Lots of great things to do. 91. And many which I haven’t even done yet! 92. Prayer 93. Hearing from someone in program today, “I can no longer walk on stairs without the railing. Now I thank God that I can walk on stairs.” Such an example. 94. S’s help the other night when I was crying after that dreadful mother call. Good ideas 95. And my dear L’s beautiful compassion too. 96. That I can drive 97. And have a licencse 98. And can go back and forth over the George Washington bridge, upper AND lower levels now, phobia free! Thank you, God! 99. Same with tunnels, in back of S’s car. And once in front of L’s 100. That I love Jo and am no longer jealous of her.

No comments:

Post a Comment