Monday, January 14, 2013

My 100 Gratitudes Today! Monday!

I am grateful: 1. I can breathe. On my own. And have had some deep breaths this morning. 2. I am grateful for my dear dear friend, MA. 3. I am grateful that I went to the movie with M yesterday. 4. Tues. now. I am grateful that K. is here with me today 5. And she drove 6. And we dropped my car off at home 7. And it is almost like being off from work, in terms of energy output 8. I am grateful that I can type 9. And walk 10. And drive 11. And speak 12. And see! 13. I’m grateful for a great piano practice session yesterday 14. And my new sort of paramour 15. Humor 16. This presenter’s humor 17. And mine 18. That I shared with K 19. And she shared with me 20. And first 21. And that A. shared with me last night, so dearly. Details has never told anyone else. I’m onored. 22. And I’m grateful that I’m trustworthy. I will hold those secrets to my heart forever. 23. That I am doing these grats right now 24. Bach 25. My finger is doing so well! 26. I wrote L. yesterday. Because something really bad was done to him. And I saw it. And I am supporting him in this one thing. Not ongoing friendships. Definitely not dating. And not being pulled back. 27. An that I know I did the right thing. 28. I am grateful that I am not in love with L. I love him, but am not IN LOVE WITH him. THANK GOD. 29. Grateful for my blog. 30. And that I don’t give the address to friends. 31. Especially the new one. 32. I am grateful for my hearing 33. And my brain. 34. And my empathy 35. And coffee 36. And that Starbucks here had soy milk this morning. 37. That I did cook yesterday. 7 dinner portions put away 38. Salad 39. That I did do 2 loads of laundry last night. 40. England. Thank you God, for England 41. For my lifelong interest in it. 42. And my opportunity to go there last spring. 43. And that I took it, that opportunity 44. Planned the trip. All by myself (except borrowing a cell phone, because I didn’t have a smart phone yet.) 45. And went. By myself. 46. And spent 4 days at a retreat with Thich Nhat Hanh 47. And back to my little cozy hotel room 48. Comfy 49. And could hear the British accent outside my open window on upper floor, 50. With the white curtain blowing in the breeze 51. Londoners were so welcoming to me! 52. And I loved those four days. 53. The walks. 54. The Indian food. 55. The beans on toast breakfasts. 56. And the next 5 days. 57. The tube. 58. Harrod’s. 59. Kensington Palace 60. The Tower 61. The tour bus 62. Windsor Castle 63. Stonehenge. Which I found to be a big disappointment to me, but I’m glad I went 64. The town of Bath 65. The vegan chocolaty thing I had in that special shop there. 66. Beans on toast in that little place around the corner from my hotel in the mornings. 67. The flight out. 68. And the guy next to me who helped me with my phone 69. And the flight back. 70. The Buddhist nun who helped me when I had the meltdown 71. And her lesson, which I have shared with Jo recently. 72. And which I SOMETIMES remember. 73. Calm. Still. Feet FLAT on floor. Connect with Mother Earth. Give her your troubles. You will not burden her. She will transform them into spring. Go hug a tree. Sti at the foot, the base of a tree. A tree ithat is rooted strongly into Mother Earth. 74. Too much stimulations. She even told me to skip something. The “class” at 4 pm that day, which I felt obligated to take, for my district! She said no. You can get that information anywhere. Too much stimulation right now for you. Stop. Breathe. … 75. And that later, when literally like 7 levels beneath ground. Little pre-panic started to set in. I used Thich Nhat Hanh’s suggestion. 76. “Oh, hello, fear. I recognize you. I will take good care of you.” 77. It worked! 78. NOT the way *I * had been sort of using it but changing it. But the way HE said. 79. http://www.shambhalasun.com/index.php?option=content&task=view&id=1756 80. Sit-in for peace in Trafalgar Square. 81. With Thich Nhat Hanh. 82. And about 400 other people. 83. Teaching reading 84. Teaching writing 85. Teaching math. 86. And that I HAVE come to love it so much! 87. The Five Mindfulness Trainings. 88. That I am not as hard on myself that I used to be. 89. That I can eat well. This day. Today. 90. Honest people 91. Kind people 92. Compassionate people 93. That the Buddhist name the TNH monks and nuns selected for me is: “True Compassion of the Heart.” 94. That I can give good talks, and am funy, and people like me. Like at Open House. 95. That THIS presenter today is so good. Smart as well as funny. Prepared and organized and I’m liking this. 96. This, that she just said, ‘You know how you’ve had that class where if the kid gave you his picture at the end of the year, you’d be like, ‘Oh. I love him!’ But when you see the CLASS picture form that year, you throw up a little in your mouth! PTSS?” Yes. Good. Yes. 97. Min-lessons 98. That straight from London, I was driven to L’s house for 2 days. Even though not with him now, THAT WAS a GREAT weekend. I’m grateful for it. 99. The L time, the Seder, the friends, the sex, all of it. Almost all. Not the L saying: “Too girly.” Not the S. giving me the warnings about L. But almost everything. 100. That I am doing my spiritual work today! 101. That Jo just wrote to me. And I wrote back. We will talk. Maybe can help with the big trauma S is causing l!

1 comment:

  1. It's nice to see you back to blogging. I've missed you.

    Happy Days.

    ReplyDelete