Wednesday, January 23, 2013

My 100 Gratitudes Today

I am grateful:

1. Facebook. It gives me great inspirations from posts, sometimes humor, and a way to keep in touch.
2. That I have been able, with some help thank you JJ, to fix my blog better.
3. That I am alive this morning.
4. That I am healthy this morning.
5. That I was amazing for those kids yesterday! Super tops! Yay!
6. That they are so happy.
7. I am still grateful for electricity.
8. And that I have plenty of good healthy food in the house.
9. Tv. I would like to get to the point where I don't need it, but it is helping me now.
10. MA. Her friendship is priceless. She understands me, and I her. We cry together. We laugh together. In fact even wen we start out crying, we end up laughing! She has been such an important part of my life for over 2 decades, and I am so grateful for her.
11. God. God made me. God made the earth and all of us, animals plants and minerals. That is my belief. Whether God is the personalized being or a spirit of life and creation and goodness. I am grateful for God in my life.
11. All the people at OA who helped me, when I used to go. Maybe I should go there again...?
12. Same with Weight Watchers.
13. Weight Watchers online too.
14. Although I *usually* have brewed coffee I haven't been brewing it the last several days. And I'm grateful for Maxwell House instant coffee with Earth Balance chocolate none GMO soymilk.
15. I am grateful for my freedoms, due to my body's health, to walk about the house and turn on lights, and get coffee, . . . Just the little daily things.
16. I am so grateful for this TIME. To transform. I need it.
17. Just started typing "should have" and stopped. I am grateful for not being stuck in the "should haves." I have always done the best I could with what I had.
18. That if I need money after i retire someday in the future, I can probably sub!
19. That I HAVE a home through which to walk, go to the bathroom, eat, sleep, enjoy leisure... I am not homeless. i am not living in a cardboard box when the temperature feels like 1 below this morning. I pray for those who are no as fortunate.
20. That I did mental, emotional, physical exercises with kids yesterday. The whole thing took 15 minutes, and involved multiplication tables, mindful breathing, and a walk through the building.
21. I'm grateful that they loved it so much.
22. And that I know enough to not try to repeat it or do something like too often.
23. And that my school/district supports this kind of thing!
24. That it is double prep day today! I get one every 6 work days. Today's is hampered by a meeting, but that's okay.
25. I am grateful that I have the job I have.
26. And that I have any job at all.
27. That J. and I are being fair financially with each other so far. (May it continue).
28. I am grateful for https://www.facebook.com/capturedbybrooke
29. I'm grateful for heat in my car.
30. And finding a full-serve gas station yesterday.
31. And my car stereo.
32. And its 6-CD changer.
33. And all the help J. gave me finding that car and buying it.
34. I'm grateful for Thich Nhat Hanh's Community of Interbeing
35. For all that i learned during the second half of my injury year, while I was subbing.
36. That I was so great at subbing.
37. That I had an expand folder in my trunk for every grade. As sometimes they made mistake and when I got there I was in a different class than they'd said. And sometimes there were no plans or the plans were not sufficient.
38. That I always did what the teacher had planned.
39. AND gave the kids something from me. A takeaway. Like a fantastic list of great books...
40. That I am reading my favorite book in the world to the kids right now, "Koko's Kitten."
41.That I have come to appreciate working, and my job, so much. I never wanted to work! I am so grateful now that I appreciate it so much.
42. And that it really does add so much to my life.
43. And that I am contributing to the lives of others.
44. That I have learned so much about not being able to change anyone else.
45. That A. helped me to disengage from L.
46. My doctor.
47. Garbage collection.
48. My healthy skin.
50. Serious Skin Care (can get through hsn). I don't use it often, but they don't use animals or test on animals and are GREAT products at really low prices. I don't EVER use nanofied anything, or brightening anything, or vit. a anything, but I love their Reverse Lift line.
51. Department stores
52. That my mother always bought me quality, growing up.
53. Love
54. Kisses
55. EJ
56. JJ
57. Birdie
58. Followers
60. Hope.
61. Onions
62. Vitamins. I need to take them more regularly. I am grateful for them.
63. Emergen-C. I think it helped me this past weekend.
64. Delays on snowy days. Helps us get their safely.
65. Everyone in any politics who IS honest.
66. Homemade healthy grains veggie-no-cheese pizza. I think I'll make some this Fri or Sat.
67. Non GMO foods.
68 .Beautiful photographs of nature
70. The arts
71. Good higher protein lower fat hummus
72. Water. For drink, bathing, washing dishes, washing clothes, and swimming. So lucky to have access to plenty of water. Life-giving, life-enhancing water.
73. My fingers.
74. My eyesight.
75. My drugstore.
76. People who rescue animals.
77. Products that do not use animals
78. Thermometers
79. Medicines when needed.
80. That I have been to two operas in my life.
81. And that one was a dress rehearsal. That was interesting too.
82. That MA is still able to enjoy her life. Even though she has the diagnosis she has.
83. That Jo's daughter is 5 years cancer-free.
84. That I am on time for work every day.
85. That the storm might not be coming after all.
86. Nature. My planet Mother Earth.
87. Bare feet on earth. Soon:)
88. This blog
89. Pink
90. Yellow
91. Protein. And my understanding, finally, of how much of it I need to feel optimal.
92. Singers. I especially love female vocalists. And am grateful for them.
93. That I met Nana Mouskouri.
94. Every time I have been at Lincoln Center.
95. Every time i have been at Carnegie Hall.
96. Every time I have been to Broadway play.
97. Every time I have been to the Museum of Natural History
98. Every time I have been to the Metropolitan Museum of Art.
99. That I have been to Washington DC several times.
100. That I see the glory of Niagara Falls. Twice.

No comments:

Post a Comment