Wednesday, January 30, 2013

My 100 Gratitudes Today

I am grateful:

1. I was not depressed this morning. Thank God. Not well now, but at least not distracted this morning.
2. That that helps give me a little hope.
3. That I was able to make the real coffee this morning. Really. But haven’t even been able to do that latterly.
4. And that I had it in the house.
5. That I was just nice to H. And very helpful to him.
6. That I’m smiling at them, beause I really don’t feel like it at all. FEEL very tense
7. That the real coffee does seem to help with depression too.
8. That L has been being so kind tome.
9. Compassion altogether.
10. That even J has been being so compassionate and kind to me.
11. That I got here safely this am.
12. That My Schubert practicing is coming along.
13. And even the memory!
14. And that thecMendelssohn was better yesterday than ever yet.
15. And that I even seem to understand the Rachmaninoff better than before!
16. That I had a big salad and one small slice of my homemade pizza last night for dinner
17. That I have broccoli for lunch today
18. Applesauce, for when I’m out of fresh fruit
19. That I have all 4 tires now
20. The assembly yesterday
21. That I have a prep break this afternoon – since there is another meeting at luch
22. I am grateful for my limbs. All four of thme
23. And both eyes. Even exactly as they are.
24. And both ears
25. And that I have a mouth and can talk
26. That I breathe on my own.
27. And my breathing feels fine.
28. I am grateful for mindfulness breathing meditation
29. Swimming. Every time I’ve done it
30. The swimming lessons I actually took in the evening in college. With my mother and older cousin
31. And how my mother put her hand on my back and nudged me when I asked her to. The support of that.
32. And how she also put her hand on my bank and nudged me forward years later, when we got to meet Nana Mouskouri, which I’d ALWAYS wanted to do.
33. How quiet these kids are
34. My principal
35. That A has accepted that I’m not going to have sex with him.
36. I am thankful for everything that does get finished
37. And that L. was texting me still yesterday
38. That this am ik spoke with L, who called,
39. And with A, who messaged
40. Every bit of support I’ve ever gotten
41. And given
42. That I admitted to the kids that I was feeling cranky for no reason and DIDN’T WANT TO BE. Asked them if we could do as “favor to ME” 2 mins. of meditation.
43. They said yes of, course
44. And the truth is, I had shared all that with them on PURPOSE.
45. And they DID enjoy it too!
46. And it DID help me.
47. And I’m grateful that I was thinking about meditation this very morning walking to my room, and about grats. And show if I had to choose one, it would be difficult to choose…
48. That I have a piano here in my classroom
49. And a Steinway grand in the auditorium that I am allowed to use as well. It is kept locked but I am allowed the key.
50. I’m grateful that I just found myself humming!
51. And for the beautiful song I am practicing with the kids singing, currently.
52. Grateful that I get along well with others. Not perfectly, but well.
53. And that I saw them take the garbage yesterday.
54. Holidays at school
55. For these days and years. Someday (if I live( I will retire. And at that time, I won’t BE a “rock star,” Walking down the hall with people calling out to me, dying for a smile, a hug…: )
56. That I think I can start saving money this week, phew.
57. This aide. Part-time and wonderful person and worker.
58. That I have eaten well for some days in a row now.
59. And lost a few pounds again.
60. I am grateful for books.
61. And colorful things. Like book covers
62. And children’s art work
63. And green tea
64. And water. Always thankful for water.
65. And the few little stuffed animals I have here in the classroom
66. And that I found what I looked for this am.
67. Music
68. Art
69. And L’s help in my appreciating it.
70. The museum times.
71. And that I’ll go again.
72. And can even drive myself to a major one now!
73. I’m grateful that my students have been so happy now this morning.
74. I’m grateful for the example of P, who is so healthy internally. And always so positive. Even the way she handled it when they THOUGHT he husband was terminally ill. (He wasn’t, thank goodness). The was she HANDLED it – handled HERSELV..
75. I am grateful for the laughter a few of us (colleagues) just shared while waiting for the meeting that’s about to start
76. And that I’m making the grats a priority.
77. And all of the spiritual work.
78. I’m grateful for computers and programs we can use with the kids.
79. I am grateful that I HAVE someone to call – about the health ins. mix-up
80. And that FINALLY they’re supposed to change our contract language to show that we DO pay in – a LOT! They’ve been making it lok like we don’t! (How did THAT get by???!)
81. Sweaters
82. Comfy shoes today
83. Cold water today to, which I usually don’t do.
84. Flowers. And that I’m looking at some right now
85. Car
86. House
87. Fireplace
88. Washing machine
89. Dryer
90. Dishwasher
91. Shower
92. Soap
93. Dr
94. Other drs
95. All the love I have and have ever had
96. Paintings
97. Sculptures
98. My increased understanding of them through the program here at school for the kids
99. I have never been HUNGRY.
100. That my friend said yesterday, and I quote, “You will make it.”

No comments:

Post a Comment